problems with mother!

Bilas73

hello to everyone,

I hope someone can help with our problem. Me and my husband brought my mother to the USA and planned on having her live with us. We went through the process and in November 2008 she came to the US and got her green card. Since that time it has been pure hell for us both! Since she arrived it has been horrible! She hates my husband and causes all sorts of problems in the family! We have a 4 year old son and we don't want him to see and hear this kind of thing let alone her to be around him. Finally we had enough and said she would have to go because she is disrupting our lives. She said no she would not leave.

We tried everything and there is no way she can stay here. Is there a way we can have her removed? Of course we sponsered her but is there a way to remove the sponserhip and have her removed? It is just a sad situation but life is so horrible now and she will not change or even want to listen.

Thanks to anyone who can help,

Ari

Can you be more specific? Are you looking to remove her from your house or from the US?

If she does not own your house, your local law enforcement agency can ask her to leave your house. With regards to removing her from the US, forget about it. Just remember, even if she starts living elsewhere, the I-864 is enforceable for the next 10 years.

Is there a way we can have her removed?

Get a restraining order against her.
If she gets convicted of violating it, she will become deportable :)

hello to everyone,

I hope someone can help with our problem. Me and my husband brought my mother to the USA and planned on having her live with us. We went through the process and in November 2008 she came to the US and got her green card. Since that time it has been pure hell for us both! Since she arrived it has been horrible! She hates my husband and causes all sorts of problems in the family! We have a 4 year old son and we don't want him to see and hear this kind of thing let alone her to be around him. Finally we had enough and said she would have to go because she is disrupting our lives. She said no she would not leave.

We tried everything and there is no way she can stay here. Is there a way we can have her removed? Of course we sponsered her but is there a way to remove the sponserhip and have her removed? It is just a sad situation but life is so horrible now and she will not change or even want to listen.

Thanks to anyone who can help,

Ari

You guys didn't foresee this. What kind of relationship existed before she moved to the US? As already stated here the I-864 is enforceable for 10 years (though it seldom is enforced). There are many many immigrants receiving government assistance of some kind while an I-864 sits in their Alien file. In theory you guys are liable for her financially.