Problems reaching USCIS customer service

blkhawk

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am having a hard time reaching USCIS customer service. I called the 1800-375-5283 number but I couldn't find an option that connects me to a live person. the message kept asking me to call Monday to Friday between 8 am and 6 pm even though I called during those hours. Any idea?

thanks!

Unfortunately, it's the only way I could enquire about my missing receipts! The online status says I was mailed the receipts on Dec 3rd. I still haven't received them as of now.

You have the receipt numbers from your checks - I thought. Even though you are not sure those are your cases, use option 2, you will have an option to key in you case numbers and eventually speak to a rep. The rep will tell you if those really are your cases or not, if they mailed your receipts or not, etc.

You have the receipt numbers from your checks - I thought. Even though you are not sure those are your cases, use option 2, you will have an option to key in you case numbers and eventually speak to a rep. The rep will tell you if those really are your cases or not, if they mailed your receipts or not, etc.

Called today. After being on-hold for 20 minutes, I was able to speak with a cs rep. she confirmed that the receipt numbers I have are indeed my case numbers. USCIS did mail out the notices on Dec 3 2008. I was told that they would remail them. so hopefully I will get them this time.

I am still puzzled by the fact that those notices were lost in the mail!! I would say it was the xmas rush but i was only Dec 3!!

Well thanks for your help guys.

Called today. After being on-hold for 20 minutes, I was able to speak with a cs rep. she confirmed that the receipt numbers I have are indeed my case numbers. USCIS did mail out the notices on Dec 3 2008. I was told that they would remail them. so hopefully I will get them this time.

I am still puzzled by the fact that those notices were lost in the mail!! I would say it was the xmas rush but i was only Dec 3!!

Well thanks for your help guys.

I had a situation where USCIS said they mailed me a doc. that I never received. I only saw the message online. If I never used the computer, I would never know. I called them every month for 3 months, and every time they told me they will mail it, I should receive it in 30 days. Then I figured they didn't even mail the original document.

I had a situation where USCIS said they mailed me a doc. that I never received. I only saw the message online. If I never used the computer, I would never know. I called them every month for 3 months, and every time they told me they will mail it, I should receive it in 30 days. Then I figured they didn't even mail the original document.

you may be right, it's very likely that USCIS never mailed the notices to me. I never had problems receiving mail. I guess now I have to wait and see ...