Problems at US Consulate Ottawa..HELP

amitkoh

Registered Users (C)
I went to US consulate in Ottawa for H1 stamping. I have had 2 H1 stamps (Mexico and State Depp) before this one. Had education in USA Anyways, after going through my papers, the agent told me that my name is matching with some records and they will have to send the request to US to get clearnace and it may take week or more. In the mean time she told me that I cannot go back to US and stamped 221 (g) on my passport.

Does anybody ever heard of similar experience and how long it might actually take to get the clearance.

A week can stretch to a month. Administrative processing can last forever. However dont lose hope. As long as the security clearance comes through, you will be safer.

This security check will be beneficial to you since you will finally have a history of mistaken identity in your record.

for me they told same clearance is required at toronto US consulate but nothing like 221 g stamping on the passport. They stamped only application received. It seems my first time H1 stamping needs clearance from washington as my profession comes under TAL

so am i under 221g or some other any suggestions ? they told me to wait for 3 -4 weeks but its more than that.

any idea how long it takes for clearance for people under TAL list

221 g is handwritten on the "application recvd" stamp. I think it doesn't matter because they are basically saying that they need more info (from their own deptt) to make a decision.

How long has it been for you now ?

its more than 7 weeks now. I dont see handwritten 221g beside to application received stamping on my passport. As you said, it may vary person to person.

May be you know that there is some other group by name 221g in ya.... you will find similar cases

hope clearances will be coming, as I could see in that groups there is one clearance on Mon 26,

lets hope the best

Done

Got the clearance. Got the visa. Back in US now

Total time = 31 days

Good luck to all waiting

Amitkoh,

do you know a website which lists TAL's and SR countries? I am a civil engineer from the Philippines. Do these things come under TAL or SR?