Problem with my employer (H1B)

stefanusc

1) My employer made me to pay for almost 4K of visa fee, he promised to pay me back in 2007 but he never did... until now.. Can I sue him by law or report to Labor Dept?

2) Due to client loss, I was forced to to take vacation without pay, I am looking for another job now. He withheld my 2 week's pay hopefully when I get a new job, then I can have him to pay me as last pay. However, since he is not a trustworthy guy, if he is not paying my 2 weeks' pay, can I sue him or report to Labor Department?

1) My employer made me to pay for almost 4K of visa fee, he promised to pay me back in 2007 but he never did... until now.. Can I sue him by law or report to Labor Dept?
---------Did he ask for Visa stamp fee or H1 petition fees? do you have any evidence that you paid? what kind of evidence you have?
2) Due to client loss, I was forced to to take vacation without pay, I am looking for another job now. He withheld my 2 week's pay hopefully when I get a new job, then I can have him to pay me as last pay. However, since he is not a trustworthy guy, if he is not paying my 2 weeks' pay, can I sue him or report to Labor Department?
-----YES do that after you get H1 transfer filed, if that employer revokes your H1 by writing to USCIS BEFORE your H1 transfer petition reaches USCIS then your H1 transfer will be denied as you will not be on H1 status.
You Must read the below link.
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?310648-Good-reading-for-H1-rights-DOL-LCA-Cases.