Prirority dates Arrived

patcha_card_03 said:
Guys,

I know no one can confirm this, but just a wild guess !!!

How long do you think it takes for INS to start processing I-485 with PD of 08/2002 ????

EB-3/INDIA/VSC/PD - 08/2002
EAD - ND 03/31/2003 - AD - 07/31/2003
I-485 - ND 03/31/2--3 - AD - ????
FP1- 09/02/2004.

Ready for EAD 3 and AP 3 !!!

Cheers

I am bit surprised that your case is not yet approved. If I were you I would send EAD aeap. This might trigger your approval. If you are lucky you might get it by the end of mon.
There are lots of people with PD later than yours and that too after March 03 got approved.

no one can predict how fast date will move. Hope for the best!!!

patcha_card_03 said:
Guys,

I know no one can confirm this, but just a wild guess !!!

How long do you think it takes for INS to start processing I-485 with PD of 08/2002 ????

EB-3/INDIA/VSC/PD - 08/2002
EAD - ND 03/31/2003 - AD - 07/31/2003
I-485 - ND 03/31/2--3 - AD - ????
FP1- 09/02/2004.

Ready for EAD 3 and AP 3 !!!

Cheers
I would guess that it might take any where between 3 to 6 months for the PD to become 08/2002.

address to be sent to for EAD renewal??

GCJaisaKoiNahi said:
I am bit surprised that your case is not yet approved. If I were you I would send EAD aeap. This might trigger your approval. If you are lucky you might get it by the end of mon.
There are lots of people with PD later than yours and that too after March 03 got approved.

no one can predict how fast date will move. Hope for the best!!!

Where do I my EAD renewal app ??
to Chicago, IL or St Albans, VT ???

I am residing in CA and filed my I-485 at VSC ..

Gurus helkp plzzzzzz...

sEND IT TO vsc!!!

patcha_card_03 said:
Where do I my EAD renewal app ??
to Chicago, IL or St Albans, VT ???

I am residing in CA and filed my I-485 at VSC ..

Gurus helkp plzzzzzz...

rhinohere said:
The old H1B was from my previous employer and yes it was a body shopper. I am not sure if they ever did cancel it, although they were threatening to do it and it was not a gracious exit.
I am sure your h1b was never cancelled. Body shopper stay away from such activity as it might black list them. ( i.e. Applying for 10 and canceling 5 ). ( plus you can complain about wages if you receive such notice )

Second they are always hopeful that in bad days when you go back to them, they can make some money.

MD_Rockville said:
I am sure your h1b was never cancelled. Body shopper stay away from such activity as it might black list them. ( i.e. Applying for 10 and canceling 5 ). ( plus you can complain about wages if you receive such notice )

Second they are always hopeful that in bad days when you go back to them, they can make some money.

I agree.

Question

When I called my company's lawyer to confirm about EB3 retrogress a few days ago, he said the news is true and laughed at me and expressed his happiness as if this was the best thing to have happened in this world. Even though he takes money from me for the GC processing, he is loyal to the company.

Then I asked him if it was possible to file my GC app under EB2 category he said he needs to withdraw my app first to file under different category and also said he heard that even EB2 PD is going to retrogress and hung up on me. Is their any truth in that son of b**** second half of the statement or he was plainly lying.

By the way, if I want to re-apply under EB2 category, do I need to start my GC process all over again or can I reuse a part of my current process. My 140 has been approved last month.

No flaming responses about EB2 PD retrogress. If you guys want I can give his name, phone and email and you all can take care of him.

Can someone answer my question please?

I am a Canadian citizen but born in India. My I140 just got approved. Will I be affected by the PD regression. I need to decide whether I should go for CP or 485.

Thanks,

I140 - EB3 - RD Aug/04 AD Dec/04

Memphian said:
When I called my company's lawyer to confirm about EB3 retrogress a few days ago, he said the news is true and laughed at me and expressed his happiness as if this was the best thing to have happened in this world. Even though he takes money from me for the GC processing, he is loyal to the company.

Then I asked him if it was possible to file my GC app under EB2 category he said he needs to withdraw my app first to file under different category and also said he heard that even EB2 PD is going to retrogress and hung up on me. Is their any truth in that son of b**** second half of the statement or he was plainly lying.

By the way, if I want to re-apply under EB2 category, do I need to start my GC process all over again or can I reuse a part of my current process. My 140 has been approved last month.

No flaming responses about EB2 PD retrogress. If you guys want I can give his name, phone and email and you all can take care of him.

Now that your I-140 has come, I would say wait for the 6 months and take the AC21 and leave the company. Forget about 485 for a while, it will take its time.
I would say this is the best approach right now.
I dont know if there is any truth about the EB2 retrogression, so its better to go with what you know right now. And remember the current processing dates for EB3 485 is June 03. It somehow suggests that the Visa Number availability dates for EB3 willl move forward fast over the comming months.
neocor

You have a canadian passport. So (IMHO) you are not going to be affected. Place of birth should not matter, Citizenship matters as the quota is based on the country of origin ( place you are migrating from.) Since you have nothing to do with India anymore and your "Premanent address in Home Country" is in Canada, you are exempt.

ak_new_member said:
Can someone answer my question please?

I am a Canadian citizen but born in India. My I140 just got approved. Will I be affected by the PD regression. I need to decide whether I should go for CP or 485.

Thanks,

I140 - EB3 - RD Aug/04 AD Dec/04

unitednations said:
I hate to tell you this, but citizenship doesn't matter for visa dates. it is country of birth.

In other areas of immigration law, criteria is based on "national". One can be a "national" of a country other then birth. However, for visa dates, how one is counted towards the quota is by country of birth.

Thanks for pointing us to the right direction once again Unitednations :)

Thanks for your reply. Looks like AC21 is a good idea. Hopefully they do not create problems when I quit.

neocor said:
Now that your I-140 has come, I would say wait for the 6 months and take the AC21 and leave the company. Forget about 485 for a while, it will take its time.
I would say this is the best approach right now.
I dont know if there is any truth about the EB2 retrogression, so its better to go with what you know right now. And remember the current processing dates for EB3 485 is June 03. It somehow suggests that the Visa Number availability dates for EB3 willl move forward fast over the comming months.
neocor

unitednations said:
I had posted a quote from "immigration-law.com" breaking news a few posts back which said that one could file a 140 in eb2 and eb3 on the same labor. That is if requirements of labor meet the higher category then you can file downstream and have two 140's outstanding.

With regards to eb2 retrogressing, if everyone starts to file in both categories then there is the possibility of it retrogressing.

Is it possible to apply two I-140 one labor? I doubt.

What I understood from that article was EB3( skilled worker) is retrogressed but EB3 (other workers) is not so if you have EB3 skilled worker labor you can apply in EB3 other category since it is current and lower in category list.

question to unitednations

With EB3 Priority dates going back, can a skilled worker file in EB4 or other unskill worker category , i guess EB4 and some sections of EB3 (other) is still current. May be this question is sort of silly, but trying to explore some options for my friend. He is into Advertising/Creative media and is in L1 visa for past 2 years for a singapore company, but country of birth is India.
Did a little research on occupational handbook but couldn't find the right category.
I am not sure in which EB category his profession would fit, but trying to find some pointers ....
Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Confussed with the PD stuff

I got my I140 Aproved on 10/13/2004 and PD date Aug 30 2001 .. Am i get affected by this new process ?

Mine labour substuitution and its EB3 ..

I140 AD 10/13/2004
I485 ND: 07/29/2004
LUD 08/07/2004
AD:????????????< Don't know how long >

Guru's please tell me am i get affected by this .. If so how long ?

Labor substitutes might be affected - please read this thread

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=155906

so, it all depends how they review your PD just before approving. They may change their mind and correct the error according to Murthy..

You may keep the hope alive by reading the earlier posts in this thread where it is proved using some PDF document that PD is original PD.

However, I think we will learn it only after January 1, 05 - what is correct.

Last edited by a moderator: