Prirority dates Arrived

When does this take effect?

:(

Is this effective immediately? or from January 1st 2005?

thanks

Goku said:
Is this effective immediately? or from January 1st 2005?

The bulletin clearly states it is for January 2005. Basically, if your priority date is in 2002 and you were born in India/China/Philippines and you haven't filed your I-485 and are eligible to do so, it needs to be in USCIS' hands by New Year's Eve.

This retrogression is more than I expected, but the fact that there are 100,000 unused visa numbers remaining from FY99 and FY00 is reassuring.

clarification

what si this priority date?
how about the labor filed in October 2001 and cleared in 2004 ??
what is the priority date for them ?

can you pleas explain ? i am really concerned ??

In that case PD is Oct 2001 and it's not going to affect that individual.

gc_labor_pain said:
what si this priority date?
how about the labor filed in October 2001 and cleared in 2004 ??
what is the priority date for them ?

can you pleas explain ? i am really concerned ??

To...TheRealCanadian

This retrogression is more than I expected said:
Are you sure for 100,000 visa numbers are unused from FY99 - FY00? If its true, then have some hopes!!! otherwise..I dont know whether to weep or cry...

As of now it doesn't mean anything.

Unless congress passes some kind of regulation to recapture those numbers, they are useless.

MD_Rockville said:
What does that mean ? Please explain

usnycus said:
As of now it doesn't mean anything. Unless congress passes some kind of regulation to recapture those numbers, they are useless.

Read the Visa Bulletin again. Near the bottom. AC21 explictly recaptured unused numbers from FY99 and FY00.

My bad...So it's already there...

But don't you think they have already thought of that b4 releasing PD Dates.

TheRealCanadian said:
Read the Visa Bulletin again. Near the bottom. AC21 explictly recaptured unused numbers from FY99 and FY00.

usnycus said:
As of now it doesn't mean anything.

Unless congress passes some kind of regulation to recapture those numbers, they are useless.
What does it mean ? Does it mean that one can not apply for 485 till PD gets current ? Does in ALSO mean that one can not get approval till PD gets pass his / her P date as mentioned in approved I140 ? Lets say I have PD in Dec 2002. When should I expect approval ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if they would already thought that, then they also would not have approved PD dates of June and july 02 in the last couple of months. They got no idea.

See Inline....
MD_Rockville said:
What does it mean ?

Does it mean that one can not apply for 485 till PD gets current ?
....Correct

Does in ALSO mean that one can not get approval till PD gets pass his / her date ?

....Correct

Lets say I have PD in Dec 2002. When should I expect approval ?
... You have to wait till dates are current again for your pending I-485

Thanks a lot usnycus

That means , its gooing to be faster for that individual (or) slower for that individual who has priority date Oct 2001 ? can you please clarify ?

Last edited by a moderator: