Priority Date Retrogression: Read This before Freaking Out

Labor Substitution

I had a labor substitution and applied for I140+I485 on Jan 2004. Now I have the I140 approved and finger printing done on Jan 8. The priority date on my I140 shows Nov 1998. Will I be affected by retrogression. I mean will my case move forward.
I get conflicting answers regarding this.

readytohelp said:
I had a labor substitution and applied for I140+I485 on Jan 2004. Now I have the I140 approved and finger printing done on Jan 8. The priority date on my I140 shows Nov 1998. Will I be affected by retrogression. I mean will my case move forward.
I get conflicting answers regarding this.

No way Jose! Your priority date is Nov 1998, which is < Jan 2002.

tvp said:
Can I apply I-485 because vermont is now processing jun 22 2003 as I see my priority date is current in that center.Is my guess true?

Nope. What is your country of birth & category? Check the State Department visa bulletin - that dtermines what priority dates are "current". The Service Center processing times are irrelevant to this discussion.

Hi tvp

No u cannot apply for I-485.

June 19 2003 is the processing date for vermont which means that vermont is processing I-485 applications filed on or near 19 June 2003 (ofcourse now based on priority date)

whereas priority date is the date on which u start ur labor process no matter when it gets approved. Right now priority date for EB3 is 1 Jan 2002

so ur priority date is May 2003 which means that u wud have to wait until the priority date moves past ur may 2003 which may take any amount of time may be months, may be years who knows.

PD on approved 140 - read this if you have already freaked out :)

The priority date on the notice is July 27, 2001.

I had used LC substitution and filed in Sept. 2003. So it is not the 140 filing date but it is the PD of the original LC.

This is a big relief ;) to a lot of LC subs. cases.

Thanks,

california_gc