priority date passed

bochhl85

I just realized the priority date of my application was passed 2 years ago.

But my family moved to another state without sending notification to the consulate 4 years ago, and thus we didn't receive any letters from them since then.

What should I do?
Should I apply again or will there be a faster track for me?

Can anyone help me?

Thx

I called the NVC automatic phone service and they said there is no record.

The current priority date for my class should be 92, jun (4th preference)

and my case number starts with 1988

1-800 number is a bullsh*t. I did call them and hold more than 15 minutes and talk to the operator...more than 3 times!!!

All they did was asked me about my name and address and etc...And I told them that I haven't got any response from INS for a REALLY long time and then they told me that I should wait for 60 days and if I still don't hear from them, call this number AGAIN. I WAITED FOR 60 DAYS AND CALLED THIS 1-800 NUMBER AGAIN, THEY TOLD ME EXACTLY THE SAME THING, I WAITED FOR 60 DAYS AGAIN, CALL THEM BACK AGAIN. I did this whole thing for 3 times in the past one and a half years. Of course, I haven't heard from INS.

unfortunately,i think you will have to apply again-sorry...for the bad news..get a move on...
i am curious..... 2yrs had gone by before you realized that it had passed..i hate to break it to you..but it is your fault..Why di you not inform the immigration that you had moved?
Better yet..it took you 2 yrs to check ..
I am afraid to say...you snooze you lose
You moved.how are they supposed to know that you moved?
It is not the immigrations fault that they should track you down and keep on top of your ass for your priority date..try again...and next time..keep track of yor date.........this is your learning curve try not to miss it..cause you are doomed to repeat it ... :rolleyes:

more bad news .. if you move during a pending application .. you must file an AR11.. notifying INS of your change of address, within 10 days of the move .. other wise you are liable for prosecution or deportation

Homeland security is tougher now

i dont mean to scare you pal ...its reality.. .. it could get messy ..