Primary I-485 is approved, but dependent (wife) is still not approved. Is there a timeline for depen

ppanic

Primary I-485 is approved, but dependent (wife) is still not approved. Does INS has any timeline for dependent to get approved after the Primary?

I contacted my lawyer regarding my wife I-485 status, and he said he cannot inquire unless the filing date is more than six months from the current posted processing times. And my wife\'s case it is within one month of posted processing time. Does my lawyer statement corresponding to any INS rules?

Has any of you ever seen Primary get the approval, but the dependent\'s case is still pending? Is this a normal case? Or should I be prepare for anything?

Thank you in advance.

P.

Normal, but you can fix it.

Call the INS and find out how the cases got separated. A sympathetic IIO can fix it and give your spouse approval.

one of my friend had similar problem

Jaxen,
My friend went to local INS to get his GC stamping on his passport along with his wife and her all document plus the letter which they got from INS saying that (wife) case is transfered to local INS office. They given letter to IIO to find her status in local INS. Officer checked in computer and came back and said the magic word \'APPROVED\'. I do not know wethear IIO can do something. My friend did not bother to ask what was problem.
They both got the stamping on their passport and returned home. May be you can also try or call and who knows the magic word is waiting for you. Anyway best of luck..