Primary approved..Dependent waiting

skumar2003

Registered Users (C)
I 485 was approved on 9/04 and passport stamped on 10/04.
My wife's case was filed on 08/04 and is still pending (no FP1 yet).

I have heard that it is not advisable to change job now because my wife's
case is pending.

My concern is..If CIS issues an RFE to my wife for my pay stubs, etc then
will I get into trouble ?

Can you please share your thoughts ? Have you heard of primary changing job
on approval with spouse's case pending ?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
SKumar
RD 7/02
ND 7/02
AD 9/04
SD 10/04

Yes

Wrangler.. Yes I applied in 8/04 because that is when I got married.
I was lucky in the sense I didn't get approval before marriage.

Thanks

SKumar

lkjhgf..

so there is little possibility of RFE for my wife asking for my employment
related information (EVL, W2 taxs returns, etc). Right ?

skumar2003 said:
so there is little possibility of RFE for my wife asking for my employment related information (EVL, W2 taxs returns, etc). Right?

I've never heard of one. If you're feeling really paranoid you can wait 6 months after your approval; even if they RFE her on your ability to support here you can send all your info with confidence.

Congratulations skumar2003,

What is your priority date?
Are you any one of the retrogression effected countries(India, China or Phil)

pd 1999

I dont have to worry about retrogression..because my PD is 1999
and my wife will have the same PD i.e 1999.

My main concern is changing job after gc..when my wife's case is yet to be approved.

People have responded to my question..and it seems that should not be a problem after > 6 months of gc approval.

Looks like you are going to be approved very soon.

Thanks

SKumar

According to murthy..

Did some research..

As per murthy's answer to a question..quite surprising though..

Chat User : Hi. If primary Green Card is approved and got laid-off, can the Dependent's Pending GC be approved? Thanks.

Attorney Murthy : Should not be a problem if the primary can show same or similar job, should INS request such evidence to approve dependent's GC.

Another Q & A:
Hi,
My company filed I-485 for my wife and me in May 2002, only my Case was approved on 08/26/04 and my wife case is still in process. I called USCIS then and was told that an enquiry will be opened. I have not heard anything yet. She is on EAD now
I am still working for the company that filed I-485 for us. Now I have very good offer in another company and want make sure that my current employer cannot harm my wife’s case in any way. I am worried because my employer never heisted to sue the employees when they break the contract

Attorney_15
Generally, it is recommended that a beneficiary of employment-based permanent resident status remain in employment of I-140 sponsor for at least six months post-approval and preferably twelve months.

The review of the I-485 of a dependent may include questions regarding the employment of the primary applicant even if s/he is already a permanent resident.

SKumar