Primary application approved but derivative applicant not approved

Spouse case to be interviewed in Baltimore

We contacted the local congressman office one month back. Spouse was told today that FP was expired and FP2 is needed, then the case will be transferred to Baltimore.

Have not received FP2 notice and on line message not changed.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

gc2000, at leaset the case was touched

according to my local congressman, my wife's case was stucked by the backgorung clearance, i think 90% the spouse's case were in this problem.

Any news from anybody?

2 years later....

... No News nothing to report

Contacted the MA Senator Kennedy nothing happened
Contacted the MA Congressman Meehan nothing happened

No 2nd FP no nothing.

I was aproved on Apr 09, almost 6 months ago.
Applied for AP for my wife in Sept and that got approved in 2 weeks.

So wife has gone home, and I have given up hope. I used to visit this site and INS status site atleast 2 -3 times a day.

Now I hardly visit these sits.

There are better things in life then to preditct what is or is not happening in VSC

I'm in the same boat.
Both my husband and I were interviewed on 9/15/03. I was approved and PP was stamped on the same day. My husband was conditionally approved, waiting for security clearance from the FBI.

2nd FP Notice

Today our lawyer received 2nd FP notice which is schduled on October 23rd 2003. Case details for derivative

RD:01/22/02
ND:02/04/02
FP1:05/06/02
FP2:10/23/03 (Scheduled)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KMANDY
AD:07/15/03

gc_2000

Actually, I received an email from our lawyer saying that he did receive the notice and I should be getting my copy in the mail as well. If I don't get it in 7 days, he will forward me his copy to take it with us for FP2.

For FP1 if I remember it correct (its more than 15 months since then) , both of us received the notice at the same time.

I hope this answers your question. Thanks !

got FP2 notice

Spouse got FP2 notice today. The scheduled date is Oct 29. Try to do it earlier. Any body has early FP experience at Glenmont office MD?

called NCSC in June and contacted congressman in Sep.

Anyone in this thread with any luck ?

We did early (than scheduled) FP2 for my wife. Checked with FBI and got the confirmation about result sent to USCIS. Applying for 3rd AP with a hope that since response to RFE and 2nd fp results are received by them, we will get a approval instead of AP.

Keeping fingers crossed.

KMANDY
FP:05/06/02
RFE:07/15/03
RFE Recieved by BCIS: 08/07/03
FP2:10/09/2003

my secondary approved 7 months later

The final good news for us and hope it bring good luck to all of you in the same boat.

We received the secondary case approval notice through mail last night. Online still shows first FP message, which is 2.5 years old. We contacted congressman Curt Weldon (7th Dist. PA) early October and believe his inquiry did help.

RD: Nov. 01
ND: Dec. 01
FP1: mar. 02
FP2: Jul. 03
primary AD: Mar. 03
secondary AD: Oct. 29, 03.

Every dog has its day!

ymfr: Congrats!!

We inquired NCSC in June and also contacted local congressman office in Aug regarding to spouse case. Spouse did early FP2 on Oct 25(scheduled on Oct 30) online message has not been updated.

In Sep, A lady from local congressman office told spouse that after FP2, the case will be transferred to Baltimore BCIS office.

Do you think it makes sense for spouse case to be transferred after primary applicant has been approved?

Have not got any information about transferred until now.
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ymfr: Congrats!!

Originally posted by gc_2000

Do you think it makes sense for spouse case to be transferred after primary applicant has been approved?

Have not got any information about transferred until now.
:confused:

I know our situations are probably quite different but just wanted to say that it is possible for the derivative applicant to be transferred even if primary is done. My husband (primary applicant) was approved in March and got his GC by May. My case was transferred to Baltimore in April and until now, I still don't have my approval.

One thing I can advise you if your spouse's case does get transferred: be very vigilant in waiting for the interview notice and if you feel that it has been too long (monitor other cases if possible) go to Baltimore personally to inquire.

My case was transferred 4/1/03 and I was asked to get FP for the third time in mid-April (none of the previous ones had expired---I just have problematic FPs). Then I just kept waiting and waiting until June when we went to inquire why I was not yet scheduled for interview. Turns out that they were waiting for my husband's paperwork before scheduling me for an interview! I told them my husband's case was over---he had GC already! So only then (2.5 months after my case was transferred) did I get into the queue to be scheduled for interview---the lady at the counter was very polite and nice but it was clearly a big mistake on their part! :mad: This delay caused me a lot and my interview wasn't until last September 10. And until now...still waiting.

Re: pegh

Thanks for your valuable advice!
Hope your get GC approval soon.
BTW, how did you get your transfer information? Online, notice or from lawyer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: pegh

Originally posted by gc_2000
Thanks for your valuable advice!
Hope your get GC approval soon.
BTW, how did you get your transfer information? Online, notice or from lawyer?

I found out about my transfer online and then a few days later, my lawyer received the notice. I don't know if INS sent me one that got lost in the mail or something...I always thought it was a little odd that I didn't get a copy of the transfer notice.

Good luck to you and your spouse!

2nd FP done for spouse on 11/7

My wife had her second FP done on 11/7.

RD 12/01
ND 01/02
1st FP 05/02
second fp 11/03
Waiting for approval

I was approved 7/31.

dfox

Still Waiting

My wife did her 2nd finger print today.