Primary application approved but derivative applicant not approved

Compaqdb,

message changed on the web on 6/4, announcing the arrival of a RFE, which promptly arrived on 6/7.

My approval message changed on 5/20, letter received on 5/24

Elrond

Elrond_55-
My last name and my wife's last name are also different. What is a second marriage certificate? How do you get this? Isin't the one that you get (in English) from your country of origin enough? Can you please reply here to how you are going to obtain this information.

Thanks,

All,
On the same note, when the primary application is approved and the derivative is not the application has got seperated (In INS land I guess its the norm, Unicorn, Phoenix...) Is there something we can do to "join" them back? Or do you just wait till you get a notice?

Tiger100,

my plan is to get a second copy from my home country, and have it translated by an official translator here. It will cost me 50 - 60$, but the peace of mind (and family peace!) is priceless.

Elrond

I got RFE and got approved on 6/3 , spouse got approved on 6/6
i am the primary applicant.

eac-02-056-xxxxx

Elrond-
Thanks for the information.
The bright side is that atleast one user's (letzhope) derivative application was approved.

second finger print done

My husband redid finger print on last Sat. (June 7) and I got my card today.

Thanks!

Tiger100,

Please note in letzhope's case, there was only 3 days in between the approvals. I also remember another case posted earlier on this forum only has 2 days between the approvals. However, many of us now have the time lag between several weeks to several months. His/Her situation may not be similar as ours, i.e. the reason for delay is quite possibly not the same type.

---Compaqdb

Another post in the same boat: (posted on 6/9/03)
-----
Dec2002485

1485 Approved
I am a Silent visitor to this forum.
EAC-02-079-*****
Approved today.
Spouse pending

-----

Compaqdb

some additional info regarding my case, I saw discussion on spouse last name in this thread, just wanted to post my experience.

When we applied for 485 we used married last name for my spouse, eventhough spouse passport had the maiden last name. We got the last name changed in passport at a later date.

Paralegal of my lawfirm called IIO on 4/15 and was told our cases are assigned and with a officer, 4/25 i got rfe. My case was approved on 6/3 and paralegal called again on 6/4 to find my spouse status and was told that case with officer.

good luck to you all

My I485 was approved on 6/3 and PP stamped on 6/10. Spouse’s case is still pending. Spouse called BCIS national service center(800-375-5283) today. A lady asked for EAC #(EAC-02055), Address,phone #, DOB and said should hear response in one month. Hope it works!

Has anyone tried asking Sheela Murthy on her Monday chat sessions or is it too specific a question to answer?
Is the 802 Vermot number not in service? can only the 800 be called?

my atterney said and says

Said on 5/27 that my spouse case is pending after talking with VSC and should hear something soon.

Says today he will follow with the BCIS but admits that the 1-800 number is less efficient from his calling experience (maybe not for our case).

My spouse case DR 11/22, ND 12/5 FP 2/22/2002 (seems already expired?). Mine were already approved and stamped last month.

What do you think when will happen?

We are in the same boat

My I-485 got approved on 4/28.
My wife is still pending
Our RD is 11/23/2001

We've asked the lawyer to send an inquiry but not hear anything yet.