Primary application approved but derivative applicant not approved

Spoke to the IIO at VSC and she said that she will only give the applicant information on the case regardless if the application is a derivative one! - just a headsup.

Spoke to an rude lady IIO on NCSC line(1-800 number) on 5/23. After verified my EAC #, name and address, she said my case is still pending and would not give any additional information. She said that's the only thing coming up on her computer. I tried to call VSC but could not get through.

Useless IIOs!:mad:

called IIOs the other day

First called BCIS hotline, easy to get through, but not useful at all. Seems that they don't have direct access to Vermont data except some general case info which you can get from on-line status case. The IIO was just reading the message "On ..... your fingerprint received, ....resumed .....".

Then called IIO at Vermont using the 802-number. Vermont IIO told me that my spouse case was just sent to 485 building (first impression that Vermont has buildings named after form names??). I asked what that means, she said it means under an officer review.

I called the IIO in regards to the pending I-485 case of my wife and she told that she sees an intent to deny. (I started another thread on this the day before yesterday) Online and AVM still repeats the same message ... RFE recevied... I spoke to my lawyer about this, since we have never been out of status the only other thing he can think of is I-94 copy not being available to the officer. I will post here when I receive the notice.

just called BCIS about my FBI security check and learned that the BCIS "callup period" is 60 days, which means BCIS checks the status of the security check 60 days after it is ordered by BCIS.

Any updates? BTW, my wife receive another duplicate approval notice dated on 5/28/03 yesterday and online got updated with "on 5/28/03..." The first approval notice was dated on 5/9/03. Strange BCIS!

My case is still pending....:(

---compaqdb

almost 2 months later wife's case still pending

I got approved on 4/9/3
RD 10/18/01

almost 2 months later wife's case still pending

I am seeing a lot of approvals in the forum where the derivative application is not being approved along with the primary one. Is it just me or are you guys see this too? Oh well. just a though.

Yes, Tiger100, I have the same feeling/observation as you. Is this a new trend of BCIS who handles/separates primary and secondary cases? BCIS is very unpredictable.

I also have a feeling that the IIO told you that day regarding the "Intend to deny" was not true. Before you receive whatever notice from BCIS, the online message should get updated first. Did you try to call them again to confirm it? Never believe the word from only one IIO. Cross check it.

Compaqdb

my case got approved three months ago. my spouse's case is still pending due to a delay in security check. it is said that the result has not been back from FBI. Does anybody know if the situation is forever? I just feel that when there is a delay in security check, nobody knows how long it takes.

mine's is the same as yours

I am the primary and approved on may 22,2003. but my wife's is pending. We received REF in the same evelope, and INS received our REF on the same day ( mailed them in the same evelope).
It is very weird.

Any news ??

Nothing from me. Online still plays old message. :(

I read one post (today 6/9) from user qheasu, She has similar situation with us. Please see the following.

---Compaqdb

qheasu

my husband will do second fp tomorrow
Both me and my husband:
RD: 11/7/2001
ND: 12/6/2001
FP received: 1/18/2002

I got approved on 3/17/2003 (primary applicant)
stamped: 3/26/2003
On line message changed to card ordered: 5/2/2003
Have not received card yet

My husband got notice to do second finger print yesterday and will do it tomorrow.

let me add my

name to this discontent band of approvees...I was approved on June 2nd along with my 2 children...but spouse remains unapproved...the saga continues!!

RFE: marriage certificate

My two childrean and me got approved on 5/20 (as reported earlier). My wife got Saturday (6/7) the RFE notice in the mail that request a second marriage certificate.
Our lawyer reading is that our applications got somehow separated, and since we have different family names, they are not able to trace back properly. Easiest is to ask for a second certificate.
It should not take very long (15-30 days) to get her the green card. :)

Elrond_55,

Did you see the online message changed to "RFE issued" before your wife received the notice?

---Compaqdb