Premium Processing for I-485 : How much can you pay ?

How much can you pay for Premium Processing for I-485 ?

• NEVER want to pay even if it would be introduced !!

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • $1,000

Votes: 32 22.5%
  • $2,500

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • $5,000

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • $10,000

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • $25,000

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • $50,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100,000

• $1,000,000

• Total voters
> I want to notice that $500,000 will be enough for Immigration through Investment

Investor's case is always expedited ?
Sorry but I am a poor man.

Originally posted by Tasse
I want to notice that $500,000 will be enough for Immigration through Investment

It is a long and bumpy road to immigrate through capital investment. Besides, $500K is a "special" rate for areas that miserably failed to attract any business by any other means. Otherwise, if you wish to start a business literally anywhere in the States, you would have to show up with $1M.

> Why do I need GC if I have 1 million???

My motivation for GC / U.S. Citizenship is totally independent from money.
Money doesn't guarantee one's happiness as well as GC doesn't.
I am poor, I am suffering from GC processing delay, I am happy.

$5000 for Premium Processing

Kashmir,

I think $5000 is a reasonable amount to pay for premium processing for I-485. In the polls also, it shows that 35% of the total people agreed to pay $5000 for premium processing.

Are we planning to suggest this idea to USCIS as part of I-485 litigation?

Thanks
-Honeybee

:eek:

$ 10K is fine but we need guarenteed SLAs like I485 approved in 6 months from date of filing

> I think $5000 is a reasonable amount to pay for premium processing for I-485.
> In the polls also, it shows that 35% of the total people agreed to pay $5000 for premium processing.

The poll shows almost 50% of people may pay $5,000 for Premium Processing (PP).
Considering the current backlog, if a half of applicants would go to PP, USCIS would not be able to adjudicate all of those cases within one or three months even in six months,
so its processing should not be "Premium".
This means PP fee must be over $5,000 maybe $20,000.
I believe, if PP fee is reasonable for most of us, PP doesn't work.

> Are we planning to suggest this idea to USCIS as part of I-485 litigation?

I think Rajiv will not propose PP (I am not sure)
because he is responding to many comments but he never responds to the idea of PP.
Personally, I believe Plaintiffs should not propose PP in the context of the lawsuit
because Rajiv and Plaintiffs represent the whole community and are fighting against USCIS about I-485 backlog for eveyone but not to expedite some cases of rich persons who can pay $100,000 for PP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if I would pay more than 2,500 $ for premium processing, but I guess it would come down to paying the $$ just because everyone else will. And looking at the backlogs caused in H1 processing after implementation of PP, you would have to be a fool to take chances, and would have to pay whatever is the going market rate. So 5,000$ very reluctantly. And only if 485 is guranteed in 15 days!

There are thousands of I-485 applicants, who filed in 2001, still waiting for more than 1,000 days.
If you were one of them and if you could not pay $5,000 of PP fee,
how do you feel to see a lot of approvals of people who had filed just 3 or 6 months ago with PP ?
Your approval might be further delayed a couple of months due to PP of others.

You may think you were rich enough to pay PP fee,
but the above PP fee is just an example and it is relative.
If 50% of people can pay $5,000, $5,000 of PP fee may not work at all because of the backlog.
Unless the backlog is eliminated, most of people cannot get any benefit from PP.

Some people seem to expect, if a lot of people would pay $5,000, USCIS might hire enough officers to adjudicate all I-485 cases within a month.
I don't think USCIS management can calculate correctly, as GAO-04-309R has already proven.

SPAM: Auction for I-485 Premium Processing

Even if USCIS decided to introduce Premium Processing for I-485,
it might be difficult to determine the fee of Premium Processing due to the current huge backlog.

How about the auction ?
Item : Premium Processing for I-485 within one month
Seller : USCIS
Starting Bid : $1,000
Buy-It-Now : $50,000
Quantity : 100 available
Time : 30 days

If the average price is $5,000, USCIS can get $500,000 every month.
With $6,000,000 / year, USCIS can hire 100 GS-5 or GS-7 officers.
Also, USCIS can increase the quantity any time if it needs more revenue.

But I don't think USCIS accepts PayPal.

02/12/2004: Thaw in I-140 Backlog on the Horizon
The I-140 processing has been experiencing a terrible delay for several months. There is a good news, though. Very soon, the H-1B annual cap is expected to reach and the USCIS is scheduled to move the adjudicating forces from the H-1B production line to the I-140 production line. ...

(my comment)
I think I-140 applicants are victims of Premium Processing (PP) for I-129.
Once INS tried to introduce PP for I-140.
Petitioner of both I-129 and I-140 is Employer unlike I-485.
I don't think USCIS introduce PP for I-485.

USCIS moved its resource from I-140 to I-129 and will just shift it from I-140 to I-129 soon.
Even with additional revenue of PP, USCIS never hires additional officers aggresively.
If USCIS would introduce PP for I-485, it would just create another victims like the current I-140 applicants.
We should not expect PP for I-485.

Re: Auction for I-485 Premium Processing

Originally posted by kashmir
Even if USCIS decided to introduce Premium Processing for I-485,
it might be difficult to determine the fee of Premium Processing due to the current huge backlog.

How about the auction ?
Item : Premium Processing for I-485 within one month
Seller : USCIS
Starting Bid : $1,000
Buy-It-Now : $50,000
Quantity : 100 available
Time : 30 days

If the average price is $5,000, USCIS can get $500,000 every month.
With $6,000,000 / year, USCIS can hire 100 GS-5 or GS-7 officers.
Also, USCIS can increase the quantity any time if it needs more revenue.

But I don't think USCIS accepts PayPal.

I think we are taking this too far. PP is just a proposal from some of the dreamers here.

Re: Re: Auction for I-485 Premium Processing

Originally posted by lareds
I think we are taking this too far. PP is just a proposal from some of the dreamers here.
I am really disappointed that Premium Processing has been repeatedly proposed by members of this community at Rajiv's I-485 Litigation thread.

Seeing what my lawyer charges and what I have paid so far - pp may be a great option and I wouldn't mind paying 5k or more for it, but yes there has to be a set SLA and as they had introduced for H1, if the SLA is not met the pp amt will be refunded. I don't know if it is still in force.

Kashmir,

You wrote :

>There are thousands of I-485 applicants, who
>filed in 2001, still waiting for more than 1,000 days.

You mean thousands of cases filed before June
2001 still pending ? Then why don't we see
some of these people on this forum, they must
be really frustrated.

Re: Re: Re: Auction for I-485 Premium Processing

Originally posted by kashmir
I am really disappointed that Premium Processing has been repeatedly proposed by members of this community at Rajiv's I-485 Litigation thread.

Kashmir,

Its never going to happen. I think indefinitely valid temp GC is the way to go.

Originally posted by sfbaguy1
Kashmir,
You wrote :
>There are thousands of I-485 applicants, who
>filed in 2001, still waiting for more than 1,000 days.
You mean thousands of cases filed before June
2001 still pending ? Then why don't we see
some of these people on this forum, they must
be really frustrated.
In my estimate based on some sample scans, we should have thousands of cases at TSC and at least a couple of dozen of cases here at CSC.
Anyway, if this slow processing pace would continue, we would see thousands of cases here at CSC by the end of this fiscal year, too.