Preferred Option for Change of Employer

Raju Badmash

Registered Users (C)
When a person is close to approval of I 485 and has another job offer in hand, what should be the prererred option for changing employers? Should the change be made using AC 21, before approval of I 485 or should one wait until change of status and then move?

Any expert advice would be appreciated as I have received two opposing opinions from two different lawyers.

Raju Badmash said:
When a person is close to approval of I 485 and has another job offer in hand, what should be the prererred option for changing employers? Should the change be made using AC 21, before approval of I 485
---------YES

or should one wait until change of status and then move?
-----AC21 cannot be used After approval of I-485
Any expert advice would be appreciated as I have received two opposing opinions from two different lawyers.
----- what are the opposing opinions from two different lawyers???.

I believe it's better to move before 485 approval. Because it's recommended to wait atleast 6 months after the approval, to change jobs. Otherwise, it may create problems during citizenship etc.

Raju Badmash said:
When a person is close to approval of I 485 and has another job offer in hand, what should be the prererred option for changing employers? Should the change be made using AC 21, before approval of I 485 or should one wait until change of status and then move?

Ginnu, one lawyer says that I can change jobs the next day after GC approval, while the other one says use AC21 before approval or wait for 6 months after approval.

Raju Badmash said:
Ginnu, one lawyer says that I can change jobs the next day after GC approval,
---giving wrong advice
while the other one says use AC21 before approval
------ do that
or wait for 6 months after approval.

Oye Raju Badmash!!!!!( kahan ka Badmash hai bhai?) :D
USE THE AC21 BEFORE APPROVAL of I-485

How much delay does AC21 introduce?

Guys,
A novice here.

I wanted to know how much delay does AC21 introduce in the whole process of getting 485
approval? If I am hpoing to get the 485 approval in 2-3 months and if I switch now with AC21,
could I still expect to get the 485 approval in same 2-3 months or would it now take longer?

Dasbabu