Predicted Priority Dates for 2006

Reply from Chennai Consulate

Guys - this does not make sense.... The Chennai consulate still thinks that EB3 is unavailable..... I sent it out yesterday night and got this reply today morning.
Sandeep

-----Original Message-----
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 2:54 AM
Subject: RE: Case # XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

E3 visa - the visa numbers are currently unavailable for this category.
Visa Information Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006
India
Phone - 91-44-28112060(dir), 28112000(board)
Fax - 91-44- 28112020, 28112027
Website - http://chennai.usconsulate.gov

Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 5:03 AM
To: Chennai, IV
Subject: RE: Case # XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Hi,
Can you please let me know what the priority dates are for EB3 for October 2005?
Thanks in advance
Sandeep

I just spoke with the Chennai consulate at the general enquiry number. The lady who picked up said that the appointment schedule for October will be put online by the end of this week. I did not ask any other specific questions like retrogression, etc.

Let us wait it out and see. I too feel that there may not be any cases in the EB2 category with PD prior to 2000. But if the date does retrogress to 1999, we still would lose a couple of months waiting for it to get into 2001.

I wish our cases were squeezed in for the September schedule. :mad:

rkrishna22 said:
I think it is a mistaken report. I will tell you why. For India, there are no cases of EB2 pending beyond 2001. This is again my personal understanding. Can anyone on this forum confirm that they are in EB2 category and holding a petition with priority date of 2000 or before. My PD in Jan 2002 and all in my circle call me the Bhishma of immigration.

I hope it is wrong and the correct bulleting would be out next week. I doubt this Manila post has any credence to it.

this is the message i got from chennai consulate...

:mad: ear Dir,

We regret to inform you that the processing date of
the employment based (E3 visa category) immigrant visa
is no longer current and hence we cannot process your
immigrant visa now. The current cut-off-date for E3
visa category for the month of October 2005 is
01JAN1998. Your priority date is 10SEP2002. We regret
we are unable to predict when your turn will come.
When your turn comes, you will be mailed appointment
letter to process your immigrant visas.

Regards,

Chennai, IVUnit

we're screwed man. i dont know whats going to happen now.
i really don't understand what DOS is smoking? ..jan 1 1998.
7.5 years....i dont know if we even have any applicant from that PD.
i wonder if the DOS is helping USCIS reach its 6 month processing timeline....

this is ridiculous...i am so pissed.

appan said:

Regards,

Chennai, IVUnit

1/1/98

I can't belive that... so few people would have outstanding applications from then, Imagine that, you submitted your labour application in 1997. Is that even possible, when did they start extentions beyond the 6th year?

the earliest I think would be April 30th 2001 with the amnesty thing

The dates may be a mistake

This is link from http://www.immigration-law.com/ click on breaking news the update reads as follow :

"The Manila site cutoff date report is too suspicious at this time that we advise readers not to be too alerted by the Manila site report until details are verified. It is not going to be too long before the official Visa Bulletin will be released by the U.S. Department of State. Additionally, the specific nature and purpose of the Manila site report will be clarified soon. Until that, we advise the readers to ignore the Manila site report. "

So we still have hopes till the official Bulletin is out....

Each day is tough man !!!!!

But then!!!

Bhasu said:
The dates may be a mistake

This is link from http://www.immigration-law.com/ click on breaking news the update reads as follow :

"The Manila site cutoff date report is too suspicious at this time that we advise readers not to be too alerted by the Manila site report until details are verified. It is not going to be too long before the official Visa Bulletin will be released by the U.S. Department of State. Additionally, the specific nature and purpose of the Manila site report will be clarified soon. Until that, we advise the readers to ignore the Manila site report. "

So we still have hopes till the official Bulletin is out....

Each day is tough man !!!!!

How do you explain this one posted by Appan

Originally Posted by appan

Regards,

Chennai, IVUnit

I agree

udi75 said:
I just spoke with the Chennai consulate at the general enquiry number. The lady who picked up said that the appointment schedule for October will be put online by the end of this week. I did not ask any other specific questions like retrogression, etc.

Let us wait it out and see. I too feel that there may not be any cases in the EB2 category with PD prior to 2000. But if the date does retrogress to 1999, we still would lose a couple of months waiting for it to get into 2001.

I wish our cases were squeezed in for the September schedule. :mad:

Hi udi75,

I am on my 9th year extension and I have not seen anyone with such a long-pending immigration petition. May be, my reach is limited. But, my gut feel says that there should not be many cases pending prior to amnesty accepted upto 28th or 30th of April, 2001. Everybody's case must have been adjudicated whose priority date is prior to April 2001.

There can be a caveat to it. If some employers have approved to labors pending from the prior periods and they are still holding onto them or using them for some other employees, then that is different. You remember the boom days. Every mom and pop shop used to have 500 employees working for them and they had so many labor petitions applied and approved in nano seconds. I can't think of those cases. Is it anyway related to USCIS plan to abolish labor-substition or a ploy to identify or woo those employers. May be, I am hallucinating.

I just don't want to believe the new oct dates are true. But, from appan's posting it seems likely to be true. My immigration ordeal continues!!! :eek:

appan said:

Regards,

Chennai, IVUnit

Im sorry to say that im not in a position to trust this is an email that has come from chennai consulate
i have never seen emails from chennai consulate this long , usually its one line or 2 lines never this long.
apologize if im running early into conclusions.

RS

I agree with RS

I think I agree with RS.

I sent an email to Chennai consulate yesterday saying that I have heard about a possible retrogression of cut off dates for EB2 starting this October and asking if that is true and in which case when my appt. could possibly be.

Chennai consulate replied with a one liner:

"Please check the website this week end".

There are no dears before the reply or no regrets, etc. Just a one liner. Also, the ending doesnt have Regards, Chennai - IV Unit!! It just has the regular long signature of the Visa Information Unit.

I dont think these guys have the time to respond in such a long manner and that too quoting our PD! Also, the original mail from Appan says that the E3 cat is no longer current. It was not current anyways for the last few months, in the first place! Some thing very fishy.

Appan: we all sincerely hope you are not trying to pull a fast one on us here.

rs76 said:
Im sorry to say that im not in a position to trust this is an email that has come from chennai consulate
i have never seen emails from chennai consulate this long , usually its one line or 2 lines never this long.
apologize if im running early into conclusions.

RS

Concurrence

udi75 said:
I think I agree with RS.

I sent an email to Chennai consulate yesterday saying that I have heard about a possible retrogression of cut off dates for EB2 starting this October and asking if that is true and in which case when my appt. could possibly be.

Chennai consulate replied with a one liner:

"Please check the website this week end".

There are no dears before the reply or no regrets, etc. Just a one liner. Also, the ending doesnt have Regards, Chennai - IV Unit!! It just has the regular long signature of the Visa Information Unit.

I dont think these guys have the time to respond in such a long manner and that too quoting our PD! Also, the original mail from Appan says that the E3 cat is no longer current. It was not current anyways for the last few months, in the first place! Some thing very fishy.

Appan: we all sincerely hope you are not trying to pull a fast one on us here.

The more I think of it, I should say, I agree with both of you. I got about 3 emails from chennai consulate and all of them conform to what you said rather than to what appan has posted. May be, we should wait until it is posted this weekend.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, udi75 and rs

rkrishna22 said:
The more I think of it, I should say, I agree with both of you. I got about 3 emails from chennai consulate and all of them conform to what you said rather than to what appan has posted. May be, we should wait until it is posted this weekend.

HI,

I am also waiting like you guys for last so many months.My mail is genuine and i got it from american consulate......... Just wait ....

Another post........

#62 13th September 2005, 02:49 PM
radd
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2005

Manilla site is authentic!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is authentic..

I called the manilla office.. They said that they were given the dates by USCIS..

You can call too.. use the public affairs no.. it has an extension.. just ask to be transfered to the isa immigration section..

There is no mistake from their side... probablly there was a mistake when sending the data to them... whoever typed it maybe made a mistake or maybe did a cut & paste wrongly..

whatever it is, we have to wait & see..

radd

rkrishna22 said:

This is what I got from chennai consulate...

------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Chennai, IV <ChennaiIV@state.gov> Mailed-By: state.gov
To: @@@@@@@@@@@
Date: Sep 13, 2005 6:53 AM
Subject: RE: Follow to Join..
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Trash this message | Report phishing | Show original

E3 visa - the visa numbers are unavailable for this category. Hence we are unable to process this case.

Visa Information Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006
India
Phone - 91-44-28112060(dir), 28112000(board)
Fax - 91-44- 28112020, 28112027
Website - http://chennai.usconsulate.gov

Oct 2005 bulletin out

If I was Dharmendra of Shollay... I would have said ...
"Kutte kamene mein tera khoon pe jaoga "

Well friends Jan 98 is true for EB3 category.
I am completely lost .. even establishing a lobbyist for it would it help ...
.One more thing .. any body having a labour date of Jan 98 means that .. he would come to usa minimum of 6 months i.e. June/July 97 /.... and we all know anybody going to US at that time was a Y2k chap... so where the hell is this Jan 98 date coming ... ?????

Also someone pointed a valid point that in 97/98 when it was Mom & Pops company .. these things were files left right ... but I beleive half of the y2k crowd either went to India after 2000 or got moved to som other platforms...

So what is Condi Rice aka dept . of State is proving by bringing the date to Jan 98 .. looks like a kind of massive reset...
Cause in our current profiles the way things are being moved to india ... I beleive we would hardly be able to hold on to our jobs in next 3-4 years.
And yes it bite us badly ..cause Mr Murthy and Mr nandnelkhani and Premji and TCS think
they are getting more jobs to india true but filling their pots with billions and giving desi people there a little more than what he or she was earning ... so off shoring is also bad ..
Tell me how many desi companies have been able to ride the glory based on their USPs or IP s probably none...
No offence by situation is bad enough ...

1998 is crazy

January 1st 1998 that is crazy

I think it's the Bush adminstration saying we don't want you here!

Unless these dates move 8-10 months per month, I think it is time to start packing.

This is unbelievable. I waited for 3 years to get my labor certified just to find out that EB3 dates have retrogressed to Jan 1 1998.