Predicted Priority Dates for 2006

Bhasu said:
I spoke to my Lawyer today, who told me without any doubts that the Visa #s are going to be current in October and later in coming months may be with a cutoff dates....
I was searching all over the net to confirm this , but couldnt find anything. Has anyone heard something like that ????

If its so ... it will be greatest news of Yr2005 for immigrants so far. :)
Sounds unlikely. Got this off the web - http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/uploads/images/qfnsTxeS2oWqCTGQwkx1zw/apptoct.pdf Looks like this is the list only for immediate relative (IR/CR) and K visa applicants and that they are publishing an updated one for family and employment-based. If it were all current - why do this?

That is not good

Sandeep_N said:
Sounds unlikely. Got this off the web - http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/uploads/images/qfnsTxeS2oWqCTGQwkx1zw/apptoct.pdf Looks like this is the list only for immediate relative (IR/CR) and K visa applicants and that they are publishing an updated one for family and employment-based. If it were all current - why do this?

Mumbai already published for October. Did I read your message right? Is it final list for October for Mumbai or they are going to update this with Employment based at a later date? I am curiously waiting for Chennai to publish theirs for Oct-05.

Never mind. I saw it to be "interim" and also the message that it is going to be updated with final list in the middle of september. Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Dillema

Guys,
I am in a very great dilema. I just started working on the documentation for my GC in PERM-EB2 and to my surprise I got the email from CIS that my EB3 140 is approved. My EB3 140 notice date is 06/10/2005 and my PD is Sept 2004. With current retrogression it will be very late for PD to become current. I am tired of waiting as my first GC PD is oct 2001 and got laid off at 140 stage in 05/2004.

Now, I really confused whether I should go ahead and file EB2-PERM or wait in EB3 only. In the past I have choosen CP.

Confused as always.

LaborCleared said:
Guys,
I am in a very great dilema. I just started working on the documentation for my GC in PERM-EB2 and to my surprise I got the email from CIS that my EB3 140 is approved. My EB3 140 notice date is 06/10/2005 and my PD is Sept 2004. With current retrogression it will be very late for PD to become current. I am tired of waiting as my first GC PD is oct 2001 and got laid off at 140 stage in 05/2004.

Now, I really confused whether I should go ahead and file EB2-PERM or wait in EB3 only. In the past I have choosen CP.

Confused as always.

From your details it looks like you could get your PD of Oct 2001, because the I-140 had cleared through that.
You should talk to your lawyer to retain that PD, if that is done then I dont see any point in filing PERM EB2.

neocor

This does not make sense ... maybe I am in denial but looks like the family based visas have later P.D.s and even E1 and E2 have retrogressed! Also thought the bulletin did say " heavy demand will require the establishment of a Third preference cut-off date on a Worldwide basis by December" , they also seem to be affected and gone back... :confused:

Cant open that page .. manila site page

Hi can anyone cutpaste .. so as to what does the US manila site says ??
7 years is too much

June04 said:
Hi can anyone cutpaste .. so as to what does the US manila site says ??
7 years is too much
VISA CUT-OFF DATES FOR OCTOBER 2005
VISA
CATEGORY ALLX CHIN IND MEXICO PHILS
F1 22-Apr-01 22-Apr-01 22-Apr-01 1-Jan-93 22-May-91
F2A 1-Nov-01 1-Nov-01 1-Nov-01 U 1-Nov-01
F2B 22-Apr-96 22-Apr-96 22-Apr-96 1-Dec-91 22-Apr-96
F3 15-Apr-98 15-Apr-98 15-Apr-98 1-Jan-93 8-Nov-90
F4 1-Feb-94 1-Feb-94 1-Aug-93 1-Feb-91 1-May-83
FX 1-Oct-98 1-Oct-98 1-Oct-98 1-Oct-98 1-Oct-98

E1 C 1-Jan-00 1-Aug-02 C C
E2 C 1-May-00 1-Nov-99 C C
E3 1-Mar-01 1-May-00 1-Jan-98 1-Jan-01 1-Mar-01
E4 C C C C C
EW 1-Oct-00 1-Oct-00 1-Oct-00 1-Oct-00 1-Oct-00
EX C C C C C
SR C C C C C
C5/R5 C C C C C
T5-I5 C C C C C

This is too depressing.

No hope for couple of years now..

unless..

well i doubt if mccain bill also can help us now..

somehow ,I'm unable to reach that site .... may be theres an error in page. Hopefully they attached a wrong page .... and now its been removed.

Hopefully we will get a corrected one soon with positive dates, similar mistake they did for first PERM approvals.

:eek:

Good in BAD

Guys,
i know we are all very frustrated, but i really did not expect any good in October and im kind of in a What the **** mode now.
but the good thing i see in this, the retrogression to Jan -98
sounds extremely stupid and DUMB
so there might be some attention from lawmakers to resolve the situation.
IMO the easiest way to solve the issue is 2 things

1.RECAP unused numbers from 2001-2004 which could come to around 150K+
2.Increase the EB quota for FY2006 and 2007 to 290K like what is proposed in McCain's bill.

These 2 alone can bring in more visa numbers to the pool to correct the situation. Now all these PERM approvals are in DEEP s**t bcos they cant apply for 485 as it retrogressed to Jan 98.
So as frustrating it might sound THIS will CERTAINLY trigger some Law Maker attention

AS ALWAYS pls write letters to your local law makers highlighting the following

1.Suffering Immigrants have been going through from 2001 on the Labor side
2.Backlog reduction efforts does not mean any thing as it moves the delay from Labor to the UCSIS now
3.Visa number system needs an overhaul
In 1990 under INA the 140K number was fixed, but since then the H1b program has come along, accoridng AC21 H1b quota has tripled 195,000 which brought more employment folks into the country who are turning into EB applicants. So if there is no overhaul in the system it will lead to VERY LONG EB Waiting times for PDs. The equation just does not add up.
4.H1Bs effect on Economy and some of the common exploitation of H1bs in this situation which needs law makers attention after all we contribute a lot of tax dollars and are very responsible residents of the country with almost no trouble.
please high light these and write personal letters to your
Local
Senator
Congress Man
GOvernor
President

Ihave been keeping it as my committment to write such letters once in 2 weeks to all these people, same letter with some modifications abt current situtation like today it will be the visa bulletin backing to Jan 98.

The only way out is this guys.,
I can volunteer to write a very power ful letter and you have to keep a section for your personal story.
More of same letters does not help
please be responsible here and try do this every time you receive a PAY CHECK as your future PAY CHECKS are dependent on this letters.

/RS

Contact Lawmakers after the official bulletin is out

Guys,
We need to rekindle our efforts and put in a concerted effort once the official bulletin is out - and these dates are verified. We had already started a unified approach - refer http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=179272&page=1&pp=15 and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers/
Though last month many of us sent E-mails/letters, it was a shoddy affair as many of them just copied the templates which some of us had made and posted it to their lawmakers without changing anything in it - even the names and the companies they work for were not changed! This time around, please lend your support and in a stronger, sincere fashion - our jobs as well as the future we hoped for depend on this.
Sandeep

Personal letters

Im trying to write a nicely formatted letter with a friend of mine who is a lawyer. there is going to be a section called " Personal Impact due to Retrogression"
I want each of you to write your personal impact in a very true and honest and sincere way that will make the audience to re-think their way about this issue.

Please put 30 minutes of your time into it.
we all have the frustration in our minds, take away your frustration and analyze what this stops you from getting or acheiving put those in a nice paragraph and attach it to the letter and send it to the respective people.
"""And do it every time you see your PAYCHECK Religiously."""
Please change the contents slightly every time and MAIL it apart from emailing it

We will see a difference

RS

I think it is a mistake

I think it is a mistaken report. I will tell you why. For India, there are no cases of EB2 pending beyond 2001. This is again my personal understanding. Can anyone on this forum confirm that they are in EB2 category and holding a petition with priority date of 2000 or before. My PD in Jan 2002 and all in my circle call me the Bhishma of immigration.

I hope it is wrong and the correct bulleting would be out next week. I doubt this Manila post has any credence to it.

Guys,
If these dates are true then my impression is that DHS is playing very safe. I think instead of having the most recent cut off dates they have retrogressed so much back that they might have wanted to clear off the older cases first. As most of us can guess there wont be many cases left as back as 1998 or 1999 most likely we may see the PD cut off dates jumping a year or two by end of the fiscal 1st Q 2006. Though looking at these dates is so depressing but other side of it is, if have most recent dates then we might always have a doubt in our minds that we dont know when the dates will go back or not, will they go back or not. Atleast from on, we can be most likely sure enough that they may not retrogress from 1998 as it will be highly unlikely. We can only expect forward movement.

One of my friends was telling me that in last one week his company had received 7 LC approvals from Dallas BEC with all them being Sept 2002 PD's.

My expectation is that the PD's from 1998 to 2001 will jump fairly quickly (no later than fiscal 2nd Q 2006) but may hover around 2001 to 2003 for couple of years for EB3 category.

Any way the picture looks too grim for EB3 category. If Manila embassy published dates are true then I shall drop my idea of filing one more LC in EB2 PERM as it will not do any good. Rather I will wait it out in EB3 for Sept 2004 to become current.

Hope manila published dates are wrong. Let us wait one more week for official cut off dates publication by DHS.

Good Luck to every one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can some one Manila/Philiphines to call the embassy and confirm?

Can some one in Manila/Philiphines to call the embassy and confirm the authenticity?

Need help

Im totally new to this. My PERM labor was approved in 08/05. 140 filed in 08/05.
My lawyer says no visa numbers are available to file I485. Im from India. So when do you think he will be able to file I485 ?

Any help is appreciated...