Predict opening date of new Raleigh-Durham DO

SafferJoe

Registered Users (C)
The new Raleigh-Durham DO is scheduled to open in March 2008. For some fun, let's predict the exact date that it will open. :)

I don't think the Ides of March (15th) would be a propitious date -- just ask Julius Caesar! :)

Being part Irish, I think I'll go with St. Paddy's day on March 17! Maybe the luck of the Irish will get us all through in good time. :D

On a side note, I suspect one or two of our Indian posters will be pleased with the latest results of the third cricket test against Australia. I hope you wallop the convicts! ;)

I sent an email to Congressman David Price's office the other day asking for an update on the opening but have yet to hear back.

I predict March 10 to be the official public opening of the office.

I also asked his office if cases will be transfered from Charlotte to the new Raleigh office to alleviate processing delays. I'll wait for his response and keep you updated.

Any update about the new office in Durham?

It still doesn't show up as a field office on uscis website, but does show up as application support center. Right now , it's only open for biometrics. My guess is that by May they will be open for interviews and other services (Infopass).

I drove by las week and the Raleigh RTP has been completed.However, not sure when it will be opened.

Have Charlotte FP appt can I do it at Durham

What are the chances I can walk in at the new Durham ASC and get my FP done here instead of at Charlotte ?

I have not been able to go on my appt date and have to do a walk-in at Charlotte, but then it would lot convenient to do it at Durham, as I live in the triangle.

knp,

You can try. If it is not possible, they will tell you. Can you share your timeline ? When did you send your application to TSC. I got my NOA today, and I am expecting my fingerprint appointment. Here is my timeline so far:

1. Application Sent 03/28/2008
2. Application Received 04/01/2008
3. Check Cashed 04/03/2008
4. NOA Received 04/12/2008
(Priority Date 04/01/08)

Fingerprint: XXXXXX

I need to find other dates, but this is what I could quickly find.

N-400 PD: 01/08/2008
FP Notice Received: 02/15/2008
FP Scheduled Charlotte: 03/07/2008 - but not done yet, wrote back asking for resched
Wife FP Scheduled Charlotte: 04/19/2008

Opening for buisness on Apr 28th

I went by and was met at the entrance by USCIS guard/security.

They are open only for staff, and not for any transactions.

He said the official opening ceremony is on 4/25 with actual business start on 4/28.

So we are heading to Charlotte as my wife has appt on 4/19 and I plan to walk in with her.

Any tips for walkins at Charlotte?

Is it ok to go at the same time as my wife? Or should I go first thing in morning as they open?

I am not sure why I didnt get the FP notice as we asked to reschedule both at same time, but only wife got it. Could have been lost in mail or something.

by the way, is there a Charlotte Timeline Tracker thread? I could not find in the index page.

I went by and was met at the entrance by USCIS guard/security.

They are open only for staff, and not for any transactions.

He said the official opening ceremony is on 4/25 with actual business start on 4/28.

So we are heading to Charlotte as my wife has appt on 4/19 and I plan to walk in with her.

Any tips for walkins at Charlotte?

Is it ok to go at the same time as my wife? Or should I go first thing in morning as they open?

I am not sure why I didnt get the FP notice as we asked to reschedule both at same time, but only wife got it. Could have been lost in mail or something.

Thanks for the update knp, hopefully cases will start going to RTP office soon after they officially open.
You won't be able to do your FP unless you have the FP notice letter in hand as you must present it to them.

Bobsmyth

I do have a FP notice but for 03/07 as does my wife. We asked to reschedule, and they sent a new one for my wife but not for me.

So I plan to use my old one with appt dated 03/07 and walk in.

That should be ok right?

Bobsmyth

I do have a FP notice but for 03/07 as does my wife. We asked to reschedule, and they sent a new one for my wife but not for me.

So I plan to use my old one with appt dated 03/07 and walk in.

That should be ok right?

If you still have your old FP letter it should be ok to do a walk in with her. If they try to give you any hassle just tell them you rescheduled it at the same time as your wife but they never sent you a new notice. They shouldn't have any problems fitting you in at the same time as your wife.