Pre-interview information received (yellow letter)

ndubs

Hi, hoping someone can assist - my partner has recently applied for naturalization and when the N-400 form was submitted all original documents of dismissed/disposed police charges were submitted along with the form (as per the n-400 form instructions to submit originals) - a few days ago a yellow letter called pre-interview case review was received and it basically just advises to bring originals of any arrests to the interview...but the originals were already submitted with the form, we only have the copies we made now. So does this mean we have to source additional certified copies from the police station again? this makes no sense.

Anyone else come across this issue and what should be done here? thanks!

I had the same issue.

I had scanned my original court documents into the computer before I submitted them.

I too received the same request, i.e. yellow letter.

I printed them out and they looked like the originals, i.e. color scanning and printing.

Had them in my file, went to the interview and they were never requested as the IO had my file with the originals and he noted he had the originals and referenced some information off of them.

So my only advice is, yes, bring copies or originals to your interview, but based on my experience, you won't be asked for them.

I had the same issue.

I had scanned my original court documents into the computer before I submitted them.

I too received the same request, i.e. yellow letter.

I printed them out and they looked like the originals, i.e. color scanning and printing.

Had them in my file, went to the interview and they were never requested as the IO had my file with the originals and he noted he had the originals and referenced some information off of them.

So my only advice is, yes, bring copies or originals to your interview, but based on my experience, you won't be asked for them.

Ok thanks a lot! I searched for a while and couldn't find a helpful response, I'm guessing it must be a generic letter that is sent out but they don't actually check if you have submitted originals already. USCIS at its finest lol.

We also have the scanned color copies so will just use those.