PRCard Tracker

PR Card Procedure Questions

I believe PR and SIN card application is filed when you land in Canada for the first time .
Can we give them an American address for the PR card ?
also do I have to go to Canada for the PR card or it would be mailed to me here in US ?
Is there any other interview process or getting the PR card by mail (if so ) is the final step ?

Thanks,
ks1974

Re: PR Card Procedure

After how many days generally are people called to pick it up ?
Also, would they notify me of the date by mailing me a letter in the US or I have to give a Canadian address ?

Thanks,
ks1974

Preferably canadian address. They will send the PR card to local office and notify you by mail when to pickup the card.
You have to show your passport and other details and pick the card personally.

If you do not pickup 1st time. They will send you a 2nd remainder after couple of months I guess(not sure exact time).

After 3rd reminder I heard they trash it. You might have to reapply

PR Card Application

I am going to apply for the PR card the very next day I land into Canada
After how many days should I expect a call to pick it up.

Dcecil

Dont worry about the E-client status, it does not give very accurate info. It gives what you already know.

In process, you know that when you receive the receipt of the processing fee.

Decision made, you know that when passport are requested.

(You know that decision has been made). E-client is a service just to keep you happy and confused about you application status.

Waiting for PR Card

Hey all,

I landed on July 01 and returned to the US on July 09. I gave my friend's apartment address. I have not recd the PR nor the SIN card. is this a normal time? Please advise on what to do.

I am in NYC now. Can I travel to canada by road?

Regards

I got PR Cards.

We(me and family) landed in Canada: October 2002.
and came back to USA in 2-3 days.

I updated my Canada address at : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/scripts/prc/prcform1.asp and applied for PR Cards for all of us(There was no applictaion kind of thing, just I put the names of mine and my family members) on September 2003.

I received my(family too) PR Cards in mail at 'my Canada address' in October 2003 first week.

I went to Canada last week end and grabbed our PR Cards from 'my Canada address'.

Note: I am/was resident of USA for always. I didn't sent any photo or physical papers to Canadian authority for PR Cards. I just changed my address online and put mine and family members' names for PR Cards online, and I got it. I didnt' visited any Canadian office to get it. It was mailed to my canada address.

I landed here in toronto on 4th Sep 2003. I returned back on the same day after applying for SIN card. I have given the address of my uncle. He recevied my SIN card on 17th Sep and my PR card on 27th Sep. I think myself to be lucky in getting PR card so fast. As mentioned by someone else in this forum, I feel that if you give the address of home then you will get PR card much faster rather than giving the address of the apartment.

I think it will help you lot.

Suraj

Newbie Q: Do I need to stay in CA to qualify for PR card?

We applied for PR status and landed Sept. 2002 and then came back to the states. Can we now apply for PR card w/o living in CA? Or how long do we have to live in CA to apply for PR card?
Thanks.

I don't think it matters what address you give, house or apartment.

I gave my brother's address and he lives in a house, still waiting on PR card. SIN card was received within 3 weeks.

I also landed September 4th, 2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no difference House or Apt to receive PR card(s).

I applied online for PR Cards, and I gave Apt address. I got them with in 10 days.

By the way, new immigrant will have apt address obviously, while House address seems difficult to understand by Canadian authority. How new immigrant can have House in 1 or 2 week of landing ??? Apt address is more justified.

panther2003, apply online for PR Card and give Canada address.

You have to apply online for PR Card and give Canada address. You have to select family members' name who want to receive PR Cards. So, PR cards will be mailed to Canada address within10 days. You can use your friend's Canada address also.

Visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/scripts/prc/prcform1.asp

Apply online here. You landed after june 2002. So, you can apply online. Within 10 days you will get PR Cards at Canada address. No need to stay in Canada.

1. You wrote CA, CA means Canada I believe, not California. Dont confuss.
2. You have not read posts properly. In this same post, I have written, how I got PR Cards by applying online. Yours and mine was similar case.

Received my PR card

here is my timeframe for others:

landed in canada through toronto airport on: 22 sep 2003
(so technically, PR card applied on my landing date)
applied for SIN card: 23 sep 2003

received my SIN card on: 7 oct 2003
recevied my PR card on: 13 oct 2003

photos

I was just told that my pictures for the PR card are non compliant. And they will send out a letter for an appointment. I am in the US and just can't go for photos at this time.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Can I mail them instead?

Thanks

Received PR & SIN cards

My timeline....

Arrived at Pearson Int'l on 9th of Oct 2003 for first time landing. Applied for SIN card on same day.

PR card & SIN card arrived last week at Canadian add.
Took almost 4 weeks.

Received cards through fedex today in the US.

Nita.

Never Received the PR Card

Hi all,

I landed in canada on July 01, 2003.. and my friend has not received the PR card as yet. I am in the US now. My question is, can I apply for another PR card? Will they mail it to me or will I have to go personally to pick it up?
Please advise.

PR Pick up - Need info

My friend has got date to pick up the PR card on December 29th. To obtain the PR card, CIC asked to bring any identity card issued by Canadian Official along with the passport, landing paper and PR Pick up letter. My Friend has only SIN card from Canada.
Does SIN Card work as secondary identity document? Does Bank Statement work ? OR US Identity cards any (drivers' license) or indian driving license?

Thanks

Udupi