PR Card

GKNair

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am a Canadian Landed Immigrant and i landed on December 2000. Also i got the returning residence permit for 2 years at that time. I am working in US right now and i want to apply for the PR card now. Could anyone please tell me where should i apply and what are hte procedures? Can I apply in any Canadian embassy in US or do i have to go to canada?

TIA
gknair.

You have to apply for PR card IN Canada, go to www. cic.gc.ca and download the forms from that site but you will not be able to download Fee receipt. You can order full application package from CIC on any Canadian address through Internet and they will mail you complete forms along with fee receipt (order 2 forms so that you have 2 receipts and Supplementary) they will mail to Canada address in 3-4 weeks time.
Then you have to visit Canada get photographs taken in Canada.
Photographs, first page of Passport, Landing Paper and Declaration on PR form have to be notarized from a notary in Canada and pay the fees $ 50 in any Canadian bank with the fee receipt from CIC and mail your PR forms. CIC will take 8-10 weeks time to send you a letter to pick up your card from the nearest Canada CIC, you have to provide Canada address to send you the letter to pick up the PR card. Many lawyers in Canada have the full forms and Fee receipt and supplementary form, you can find a notary public and they will do it for you but they will charge extra for that. Normally if you have your PR form and Fee receipt and Supplementary form with you they only charge to notarize all your papers between CAD 35 to 45. Once you receive the letter from CIC to pick up your PR card on Canadian address, you have to collect your PR card on that date.

You mail the Notarized Copy of Landing Paper+ PR application+ Notarized First page of your Passport+ Supplementary form (one Photo Attached on Space) + one Photo Notarized at back and Fee receipt (after paying the Fees in Canadian Bank)

Can i go to any place(like montreal) other than toronto and apply for the PR card and still give a toronto address for contact information?

thanks,
gknair.