PR Card application elegibility changed?

ginnu

Registered Users (C)
PR Card application elegibility changed.
I had recently visited PR card application guide from the CIC
web-site at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5445E.PDF

and what I have noticed is that being present in Canada is no longer
one of the requirements to be eligible for a PR Card (page 3 of the
Guide) . Neither was I able to find a requirement to mail it from
within Canada or photos to be made in Canada.

Does it make application for PR Card sent from the USA perfectly
okay providing a Canadian public notary certified all copies, photos
and application in compliance with the Guide?

I do realize that one still have to show up personally at a CIC office
to pick up my card.

Please comment.
Thanks

Yes, there is no need to be in Canada

You can still obtain the card even if you lived all the time outside Canada or submitted the application outside canada.

But at pick up you must be physically present. I am in the same situation, got PR 2 years ago but stayed in the USA!!!

My friend told being 2 years away from Canada doesn't result in any kind of problems.

Besides, the card is not required if you travel by car to Canada.

But it is very important to have.

Thanks

but remember that when you claim 2 yrs outside canada, you are pushing your citizenship as well by 2 yrs...so if you are really interested in the canadian passport, you will still have to compensate for those 2 US yrs by staying here 2 more. (since you declare 2 yrs outside in ur PR application, you gotta stick to the same time frame in citizenship application)

anyone has experience?

since the new guide dosen't require applicant to be in Canada? anyone knows how to apply the maple card from US?
do you have to find a canada registered lawyer to vow or what is the procedure?

anyone has any experience? thanks

If you have any friend in Canada send him first page of your passport, landing paper, and filled up PR card form and you need Original Supplementary form and Original Fee receipt. Original supplementary form and fee receipt you can order from CIC website and they will send it to only Canada address, you can order it on website write your friend address in Canada. Mail your PR card application to him with copy of LP and Passport and 2 photographs (you can take in US, any photographer in US or Canada will cut according to specification) then your friend should be able to get your papers and one photo singed by Notary in your absence (if he knows any lawyer or notary and he/she is ready to do it for some extra fees) your friend will attach your one photo on supplement form and other will put in small envelop and on small envelope write your Name, DOB, Date of Landing, your friend can pay the $50 is Canada bank and attach the original of the receipt with the forms and mail it to PR Card processing unit from Canada.
** You may also send one set of your complete Passport pages and copy of LP signed by US notary as a proof for any lawyer or notary to prove that is genuine passport (that may help Canada notary to sign your other copies of documents. It all depends on your friend’s contacts; if you are staying near to border go to any town/city in Canada find lawyer/notary that is other alternative. I read in some post in different immigration discussion forum that the person went to Niagara Falls crossed the Rainbow bridge entered Canada side and got his papers signed by lawyer in Niagara falls Canada and mailed the same day and came back to Us same day

thanks

I am trying to find a canada registered lawyer in local, no luck yet. i might send the copy to friends to get it notarized.

thanks

unrelated : how about citizenship and also PR tracking

is it same for citizenship ? can you be outside canada and apply for it? also, for those who got their PR, when you came back to canada, did they swipe ur card ?

Priya,

Did you get to travel to Switzerland on the basis of your permanent residence status in canada (ie w/o a visa)?

CanI,

not yet, i'm going 1st week of Oct. but i called the swiss consulate atleast 3 times and checked the site million times and their recording on the phone as well as the site say that PR's don't need a visa. once again before buying the tic i plan to actually talk to someone in the consulate. infact the swiss part motivated me to start looking for other european nations which might not require visas for canadian PRs. if you know of any, please lemme know. thanks..