PP stamping experience - Seattle.

tekworker

Registered Users (C)
I did my PP stamping today in Seattle,WA.(Not Seattle downtown but the office on Tukwila International Blvd)
I had recieved my approval notice on 12-04. After several failed attempts to get info-pass appointment online, I finally
managed to get an appointment for Dec 20. My thanks to forum members who suggested that the way to get infopass appt
is to keep trying.
I had a 7:15 am appointment. I reached there around 7:05. Waited in line for about 5-6 min, then walked
over to the officer in triage, showed him the appointment and he gave me a token. I went inside the waiting room and sat for another 5-10 min. They called my token number and I walked up to the officer and presented all the papers. She asked for AP and EAD.
It wasn't mentioned anywhere on the notice that AP document and EAD are required. But luckily, I had carried them with me just in case. I must once again thank forum members who mentioned that it is better to carry the AP and EAD when going for stamping.
The officer took my finger print and signature and stamped my passport with the I-551 stamp, which is valid for 1 year.
I was out of the building by 7:35 am.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they keep the original 1485 approval notice

Hi thanks for posting your experience. Once they stamp your passport do they keep the original 1485 approval notice with them ?

thanks

I believe they do. I had taken the original as well as courtesy copy.
The original was retained by the officer if I remember it correctly.

Is courtesy copy enough for stamping

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I have the courtesy copy with me - is that enough for stamping purposes ?

thanks

anyone with PP stamping experience who could not get a PP stamp and they issued a temporary green card ?

I moved to VA and went for PP stamping.. the officer was starting to list of no's once he saw I had a MA identification.. he finally said i am not going to take risk myself so i am going to issue you a temporary green card which will be valid for 1 year and I am free to travel.

GC stamping

Hi tekworker and all,

thanks for all your responses. I have one more question.

When we go for stamping - do they take the I-94 as well which we get when we re enter the country?

thanks

Hi Wishes&Luck, yes, they will take the I-94.
They will also take your AP,EAD.
Don't forget to take them with you.

GC stamping done

Hi Tekworker,

I got my stamping done without any issues. Thanks for your responses.

They took my fingerprint and signature on a form - however they never asked me to fill it out. Did you have the same experience ?

How will they know where to send my GC to which address ? As my I485 approval has my lawyers address.

thanks

I also did my stamping today in Newark. It took about 4 hours for the whole process.

What is the next step while we wait for the actual card?
I heard that we have to go to SSN office and do something. CAn some one elaborate on it

Thanks

for wishes&luck

they have your home address from your I-485 application. also, you would have received a courtesy copy of your I-485 approval at your home address.

for wishes&&luck

i did my stamping today in Seattle. the officer did ask me for my home address to where the card could be mailed to and she jotted it on the form.

so although i told you they get the address from I-485 application, i am confused now as to why she had to write down my address again.