potential causes for delayed approval

tusharvk

Registered Users (C)
what are the potential issues which would delay approval of 485?

Also, what are the criteria for transfer of 485 application from regional service center to field office?

I think the answer for your first question will be the USCIS is doing a check on all your documentations. If you have submitted an error free application that is duly signed with all the necessary proof, I think there will be no delay.

what are the potential issues which would delay approval of 485?

Also, what are the criteria for transfer of 485 application from regional service center to field office?

Your question is far too vague to get any useful reply.

What type of adjustment is it? Based on an I-130, I-140, I-360, I-730, I-526, asylum or refugee status? Are there other factors of concern? A marriage that took place while in Removal Proceedings? Illegal entry? 245(i)? Visa Waiver overstay? Service Centers only handle certain types of cases, NBC handles MOST family based cases. However, if something requires an interview at a local office, it could come from either a Service Center or NBC.

Provide more details in order to get a meaningful response.

To answer your question, as asked: The Officer handling your case went on vacation.

The aos application will be based on EB 485.
140 is already approved. No issues whatsoever.
just determining what would cause the application to exceed normal proc time of 4 months (assuming pd stays current).

The aos application will be based on EB 485.
140 is already approved. No issues whatsoever.
just determining what would cause the application to exceed normal proc time of 4 months (assuming pd stays current).

Delays in the background check or a fraud investigation.