Postpone Interview or Travel after Interview and Before Oath

desperate_help_

I have interview in Chicago on Jan 12th. I had already booked my tickets to India for Jan 15th.
I have seen that Chicago oaths take place 2 - 10 days after interview. Clearly, I will not be able to attend the ceremony. Even if I get a next day oath, Clearly I will not be able to get a US passport and a Indian visa in 2 days.
So I have to postpone something.
My dilemma: Postpone my interview or request for a postponement of my oath by a month and a half.

My interview letter mentions that I can postpone interview but can I request a postponement of oath?

Any other recommendations. I cannot cancel my travel plans....

Please help. Appreciate any feedback..

Postpone your oath. If they allow you to take the oath, do it. You can get a passport in 1 day and a visa the next. I am supposed to travel on the 30th and my interview is on the 28th. I am assuming I will be a USC by 29th. I will risk a 200 airline change fee.

But don't postpone the interview. The worst you can do is do the oath in march since you will be out month and a half.

Postpone your oath. I have interview in Dec and I am planning to do same as I am also traveling for a month in Jan.

Yes.. My son did the same.. He had interview on 11/30/09 and asked to postpone the oath.
He will be travelling to India in few days and will take oath after he comes back from India.

He may receive oath letter later by mail.

Don't worry there's no dilemma. At interview, just mention to IO that you will be out of the country and request to have oath only after you return.