Post Your "us Citizen" Only Jobs Here!

trialanderror83

Registered Users (C)
Last edited by a moderator:
Where does it say anything about the military for the janitor job? Also you know that LPR can joint the military right?

Janitors are very good candidates for spying. They work late at night when everyone else is gone. They have access to almost the entire building they work in.

It would not surprise me if that job requires security clearance and citizenship requirement at a sensitive location.
But at a school???? I wonder if there is any special research going on at that school.

Janitors are very good candidates for spying. They work late at night when everyone else is gone. They have access to almost the entire building they work in.

It would not surprise me if that job requires security clearance and citizenship requirement at a sensitive location.
But at a school???? I wonder if there is any special research going on at that school.

I doubt it. You all can see how crazy and out of hand this "Only Hire A US Citizen" Thing is going! it is also illegal.

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986 requires employers to assure that employees hired are legally authorized to work in the U.S. However, an employer who requests employment verification only for individuals of a particular national origin, or individuals who appear to be or sound foreign, may violate both Title VII and IRCA; verification must be obtained from all applicants and employees. Employers who impose citizenship requirements or give preferences to U.S. citizens in hiring or employment opportunities also may violate IRCA

Where does it say anything about the military for the janitor job?

It doesn't. But openly requiring US citizenship for a janitorial job runs afoul of so many anti-discrimination laws that there's only one reason why they'd do it - because they can legally do so, and that's only because that Maryland institution is a military facility, or one with No Such Agency. Trust me on this.

Also you know that LPR can joint the military right?

Also you know that LPRs in the military cannot get a commission or a security clearance, right?

I doubt it. You all can see how crazy and out of hand this "Only Hire A US Citizen" Thing is going! it is also illegal.

If you wish to challenge military and intelligence restrictions based on citizenship, please go right ahead and let us know how well that went. (Hint: you won't get anywhere.)

If you wish to challenge military and intelligence restrictions based on citizenship, please go right ahead and let us know how well that went. (Hint: you won't get anywhere.)

Well THEREALCANADIAN I have my lawyer looking in to this whole situation so I will be glad to let you know how it goes. It's people like you who just give up and say ok sure, me I like to fight.

Another thing that is funny is that being a Police Officer is suppost to be a US citizen only job according to a few on this board, read this below.

http://www.aacop.org/Juneau Police Jobs.htm

People like me pick fights we are likely to win. ;)

People like me have to pick the fights first. People like you give up and ruin it for others. Just because an employer say's somthing doesn't make it legal. I could tell people to join this forum that they have to be US Citizens, does that make it legal cause I said so? I am trying to make it better for all LPR here!

People like you give up and ruin it for others. I am trying to make it better for all LPR here!

Here's the problem you face - the federal courts have consistently held over the years that in areas of national security, aliens are allowed to be discriminated against. It's pretty much common sense; individuals holding allegiance to a foreign power are less trustworthy than US citizens. There's not a federal judge in the country that will hold differently.

If you want to attack something, you might have legal grounds to claim that the clearance itself is unnecessary. But if you want to claim that LPRs cannot be discriminated against when issuing security clearances, good luck. If you have an attorney and you're confident that you'll win, ask him to take your case on a contingency basis (ie. he only gets paid if you win). Let me know how confident your attorney is.

I'm not one to give up when I have a legitimate case. But your quixotic legal battle looks like someone trying to take on an M1 tank with a slingshot, and accusing others of being defeatist when they suggest that the outcome may not be favorable.

Here's the problem you face - the federal courts have consistently held over the years that in areas of national security, aliens are allowed to be discriminated against. It's pretty much common sense; individuals holding allegiance to a foreign power are less trustworthy than US citizens. There's not a federal judge in the country that will hold differently.

If you want to attack something, you might have legal grounds to claim that the clearance itself is unnecessary. But if you want to claim that LPRs cannot be discriminated against when issuing security clearances, good luck. If you have an attorney and you're confident that you'll win, ask him to take your case on a contingency basis (ie. he only gets paid if you win). Let me know how confident your attorney is.

I'm not one to give up when I have a legitimate case. But your quixotic legal battle looks like someone trying to take on an M1 tank with a slingshot, and accusing others of being defeatist when they suggest that the outcome may not be favorable.

In your opinion maby, I don't see a "Security Clearence" would be necessay to be a janitor. How can one state say you have to be a US Citizen to be a cop or janitor, and one state say you don't?

And to answer you comment about a "Favorable" outcome, I had one school that told me I had to be a US Citizen to simply enter it's police academy. My lawyer investigated it and guess what, Florida Department Of Law Inforcement has NO such requirement! The school claimed that this rule was a "FDLE" rule NOT theirs. What would you have done if you have tried to enter the school? I bet I know you would have been the first one to say ok and hang up!

In your opinion maby, but how can one state say you have to be a US Citizen to be a cop or janitor, and one state say you don't?

It depends. The specific location in one state may require a security clearance, whereas one does not. It may not be that the job itself requires US citizenship, but it requires a security clearance. If the US DOD refuses to give a security clearance to an alien, then the job de facto requires US citizenship.

It's quite easy, by the way, for eligibility for peace officers to be different from state to state, since the vast majority of law enforcement officers are credentialed by the states, not the federal government. Only the FBI, Secret Service, Postal Inspectors, ICE, CBP and MPs immediately spring to mind as federal law enforcement officers. The rest are state or local.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if any state allowed aliens to be law enforcement officers.

I don't see a "Security Clearence" would be necessay to be a janitor

Depends on the installation. If they deal in classified materials, absolutely.

It depends. The specific location in one state may require a security clearance, whereas one does not. It may not be that the job itself requires US citizenship, but it requires a security clearance. If the US DOD refuses to give a security clearance to an alien, then the job de facto requires US citizenship.

It's quite easy, by the way, for eligibility for peace officers to be different from state to state, since the vast majority of law enforcement officers are credentialed by the states, not the federal government. Only the FBI, Secret Service, Postal Inspectors, ICE, CBP and MPs immediately spring to mind as federal law enforcement officers. The rest are state or local.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if any state allowed aliens to be law enforcement officers.

Depends on the installation. If they deal in classified materials, absolutely.

"To be honest, I'd be surprised if any state allowed aliens to be law enforcement officers".

Here you go THEREALCANADAIN!

http://www.aacop.org/Juneau Police Jobs.htm

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:

US citizen (or resident alien with legal standing to work in U.S.)
At least 21 years old
High School graduate or equivalent
No felony convictions
Drug Free
Valid driver's license
Type at least 25 net wpm
Pass an extensive criminal background check,
investigative review and polygraph
Pass medical and psychological testing,
including a pre-employment drug test

Are you a lawyer??? You keep refering to the "Miltary" I am not just challenging the "Military", I have found many crazy jobs such as security officers for JC Penny having to be US Citizens.

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986 requires employers to assure that employees hired are legally authorized to work in the U.S. However, an employer who requests employment verification only for individuals of a particular national origin, or individuals who appear to be or sound foreign, may violate both Title VII and IRCA; verification must be obtained from all applicants and employees. Employers who impose citizenship requirements or give preferences to U.S. citizens in hiring or employment opportunities also may violate IRCA.

I bet in one day I could probley find over a dozen of "Non-Military" jobs that violate IRCA!!

GotPR?
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2005

What advice would you want ? They said no, then no. Period.

THEREALCANADIAN you remind me of this guy, he quit with one phone call!

As I have mentioned before, most private sector jobs that say "US Citizens only" really mean nothing more than "legally authorized to work."

The ads are placed by HR or recruiters who aren't familiar with the nuances of immigration law, and they often equate a green card with citizenship. Check out the actual job, and you'll usually find that all they want is somebody who isn't an illegal alien and doesn't need any visa sponsorship. Or just go ahead and apply and ignore their citizenship requirement. If you get an interview or an offer you'll find out that they aren't really asking for citizenship.

Government jobs are different, as they are generally more familiar with the law and they often actually have the right to discriminate against legal noncitizens if they choose to.

As I have mentioned before, most private sector jobs that say "US Citizens only" really mean nothing more than "legally authorized to work."

The ads are placed by HR or recruiters who aren't familiar with the nuances of immigration law, and they often equate a green card with citizenship. Check out the actual job, and you'll usually find that all they want is somebody who isn't an illegal alien and doesn't need any visa sponsorship.

Government jobs are different, as they are generally more familiar with the law and they often actually have the right to discriminate against legal noncitizens if they choose to.

I agree, however, just for fun I have called many of the jobs I have found I have told them I have a GC, they still refuse. If you look at some of my links it say's NO GREEN CARD, ONLY US CITIZEN!