Post your EAD renewal experience with NSC

kirankumarj said:
Friends,

Not to loose the time and to avoid the overlay, I have written a letter requesting that the new EAD Card's effective date be, the day after the current one expires.

It has worked for few in the past. I havent received my new one yet. Will keep you guys posted.

I applied for EAD renewal on Sep 15 and received FP appointment letter on Sep 27 with the scheduled day Oct 5. Will let everybody know how long it takes to get approval from NSC.

Sorry my prevous post was for krishnaraji

krishnaraji said:
Applied EAD renewal on Sep 21st and waiting. Anyone know how long it is taking for the fingerprint appointment?

Till last year, i had to call the local ASC and make a appointment for fingerprinting, but this time, USCIS would make the appointment and send us the notice.

I applied for EAD renewal on Sep 15 and received FP appointment letter on Sep 27 with the scheduled day Oct 5. Will let everybody know how long it takes to get approval from NSC.

I applied for my EAD/AP on Sept 19th!!

Waiting for approval!?Ani idea how long it will take!??

Sorry guys, but I am looking for little info regarding PHOTOs on EAD and AP? I remmber on EAD now we have staright face but I was reading for AP it still says side side with right ear ?
Could some one can tell me what kind of PHOTO I should send alongwith my EAD and AP applications
Thanks

Applied for 3rd EAD renewal

Applied for 3rd EAD renewal on 13-Sep-06 and waiting fro approval from NSC. This thread is reallly useful. Thanks to all who are sharing their info.

3rd EAD approved

I applied for EAD renewal on online on Aug 28th. I was a bit concerned when saw some of the messages on the forum about the delays since I have only 65 days left before expiration. But surprisingly I have got the approval mail after 40 days. I feel so relieved. My last entry was on Parole ( selected 'Parolee' on the application). Paid $180.00 through credit card (I get some cash back :) ).

bye.

ongolian said:
I applied for EAD renewal on online on Aug 28th. I was a bit concerned when saw some of the messages on the forum about the delays since I have only 65 days left before expiration. But surprisingly I have got the approval mail after 40 days. I feel so relieved. My last entry was on Parole ( selected 'Parolee' on the application). Paid $180.00 through credit card (I get some cash back :) ).

bye.
Congrats.. and thanks for sharing the info..
KK

Biometric for Renewal

Hi,

Is it true that one needs to go for fresh biometric (fingerprinting) everytime one renews EAD. I recently applied for my first renewal. I have been asked for fingerprinting appointment next week (October 20th,2006). Stranegely, I got my first EAD without any fingerprinting. In addition, I had Biometrics code 3 done in Feb, 2006 for I-485. If they need my fingerprints, don't they have it already? Any input will be appreciated.

vatsmala

vatsmala said:
Hi,

Is it true that one needs to go for fresh biometric (fingerprinting) everytime one renews EAD. I recently applied for my first renewal. I have been asked for fingerprinting appointment next week (October 20th,2006). Stranegely, I got my first EAD without any fingerprinting. In addition, I had Biometrics code 3 done in Feb, 2006 for I-485. If they need my fingerprints, don't they have it already? Any input will be appreciated.

vatsmala

As far as a know when you file paper-based EAD app you don't have take FP, but with e-filed app you would have to go and take FP. The same happend to me. For my first paper-based EAD app I didn't have to go for FP, but for the e-filed renewal I went to ASC for fingerprinting and photo.

dvshin said:
As far as a know when you file paper-based EAD app you don't have take FP, but with e-filed app you would have to go and take FP. The same happend to me. For my first paper-based EAD app I didn't have to go for FP, but for the e-filed renewal I went to ASC for fingerprinting and photo.

Thanks, dvshin. Just like you, I e-filed this time and the first time was paper-based. The whole idea this time was to save a trip to postoffice to mail supporting documents. Now I will have to waste a few hours to get fingerprinting done. I wish, I knew this!

Applied for 4th renewal - Paper Application

ND - Sep 25

My EAD expires on Dec 1st, Hope it comes before that date

Good luck to all who are waiting

Got the Approval

I applied on Sep 12th and my EAD was effective till Dec 1st.
Got the approval last week. It took 3 weeks.

Thanks

Hi Everybody,

I want to apply for EAD & AP renewal (2nd) myself. I filed for the first one through my attorney. Can somebody please guide me the procedure to file on-line? Or CHECKLIST and ADDRESS (NSC address) to send the applications for paper-based filing? I would really appreciate your help in this regard.

-Raghu.