Post Your Comments about Project Kashmir and Project Ocean

Please select options and post your comment.

• I know neither Project Kashmir nor Project Ocean.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am looking forward to seeing reports of Project Kashmir.

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • I am not interested in Project Kashmir at all.

• Project Kashmir should be cancelled.

• I am pleased to participate in Project Ocean activities.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • I have participated some Project Ocean activities to get Project Kashmir reports.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I never participate any activity of Project Ocean.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I will never participate Project Ocean activities if I can get Project Kashmir reports without restr

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I will be pleased to participate Project Ocean activities if I can get Project Kashmir reports witho

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • I have other comments. (Please post your comment at this thread.)

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
Kashmir,

I'm sure you will see all of the options being voted. But that does not mean, your efforts and your contribution is invain. Whether it is "Project Kashmir" or "Project Ocean" they are great initiatives and I appreciate you always for doing these.

There are few leaders and many followers. You are a leader, and we are all followers in these iniatives. There are ups and downs but I would say forever these are few of the great projects on immigrationportal.com.

Recenlty there isn't much activity on these two projects, this might be because of the attention "The Law Suit" grabbed, we will again see support for these projects.

We need "Project Kashmir" and "Project Ocean" and all other initiatives by you.

Keep it up.

Kashmir,

I wouldn't by give one ounce of credence to the people who vote for the option that they will work for Project Ocean if Project Kashmir reports are publicized again.

I think Project Ocean is the single most important project on this forum right now, and it should be pushed. Project Kashmir is important only to the lazy ones. It shouldn't matter what the processing speed is unless we see a flood of approvals. The only reason we want the data from Project Kashmir is to quote it to Congressmen/Senators to plead our case. Other than that a brief summary is more than enough.

I for one am TOTALLY AGAINST mixing the two. I think that would be unfair to do so. Not to say take up too much of your valuable time away from Project Ocean.

So PLEASE DO NOT re-start Project Kashmir reports. People who are interested in running the scans for themselves should do so, and if and when they get results post them on this website for all others.

I am lazy and have no sense of running scans and generate reports using the java app written by Kashmir....so i look forward to his reports.

Kashmir, i think both the projects are very valuable to this community....I always look forward to seeing reports from Project Kashmir and participate in Ocean....

Keep it dude, they are really priceless...

Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever
Kashmir,

So PLEASE DO NOT re-start Project Kashmir reports. People who are interested in running the scans for themselves should do so, and if and when they get results post them on this website for all others.

I am not sure about not having reports. I have personal experience educating people around me on the backlog. Many were of the view that there are a couple of thousands of pending i-485 and current processing speed will get them a GC in a year or so.

I used these reports to show how bad it is at CSC and how hopeless that situation is and what we are doing here and how they can contribute. Some of them have become active participants here and others are coming along.

As you see in Kashmir reports, every day 100-200 I-485 applications are being filed and some of them will join this forum. Without knowledge of the situation, they may not become active participants in the other initiatives.

Personally, I think WAC-01 and early WAC-02 may get their GC in a year or 2. But the WAC-03 and WAC-04 are in pathetic situation and we should encourage them to become active participants.

Having said that, Kashmir, Hats-off for your contribution and I appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
lareds,

I think a quick summary from Project Kashmir, like the once/twice a week that Kashmir is doing now, shoud suffice for your purpose. The bottom line here is

1. Not to take time away from Project Ocean.
2. There is no movement that we need regular updates. The summary for this month can easily pass off for last month.

Not knocking Project Kashmir down, but definitely MAD at the people who say they will participate in Project Ocean if they get data from Project Kashmir. These bloody morons are trying to bargain over their own approvals. Project Ocean is to the benefit of the entire community not Kashmir or any of the others. I refuse to believe that these lazy good for nothings will participate in Project Ocean if they had data from Project Kashmir. Hence my stiff disapproval.

140_takes_4ever,

I dont see much participation in Project Ocean either this time. The reasons could be

1. People are loosing faith in Project Ocean activities or
2. As I mentioned in my earlier post, they might be thinking the "Law Suit" is going to solve all the problems.

Its unfortunate to see some people want to participate in "Project Ocean" just to get "Project Kashmir" data, not realizing "Ocean" eventually speeds up their GC process and is a complement to the "Law Suit".

I think instead of shelving or neglecting "Project Kashmir" its better to open it up and as Kashmir thinking make it a distributed project, I dont know where he is with it, and reduce the load on him.

Originally posted by rk4gc
I think instead of shelving or neglecting "Project Kashmir" its better to open it up and as Kashmir thinking make it a distributed project, I dont know where he is with it, and reduce the load on him.
rk4gc,

That is EXACTLY what I am suggesting, all the people who want Project Kashmir, volunteer, if the person is of good standing in the forum, then responsibilities of scanning should be handed over to them. Let them update the forum.

The grouse that I have is over LAZY SOB's who want to be spoon fed all the time but either Kashmir or others. When the time comes for them to do their bit for their forum, they find that they are very busy. Everyone is very pleased to eat the fruits of someone elses labor, but no one wants to participate.

I don't want Kashmir to do any more work than he is already doing. The man is working very hard in his own day job as well as fulltime working on Project Ocean/Kashmir/Lawsuit/etc. Give him a break.

As far as Project Ocean is concerned. We are still sending out the occasional faxes. Until March, there won't be any more town meetings where we can go and participate, hence the traffic on that is down a little bit. Not to mention the absolute lack of commitment from majority of the forum members, to sustain the kind of campaign that will herald changes. But come March atleast the core group will be back on track.

Scripts to check your own case status..

For all of those who want to know their status without going to USCIS website there is a script/java program avaialable in 485 Texas forum.

You can use it to get whatever case statuses you want and run for your self at your liesure time or schedule it for whatever duration you want to check the status.

more info

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111725

This programm might help for individuals but it does not give a consolidated report of the overall processing. May be we can upgrade this app to use as part of Project Kashmir.

Kashmir,

Can you have look at it. Right now it reads a case.txt file for case numbers and scans for those cases and stores results in a status.dat file. Sends email if there is any change in the status.

We can use the same program to read the case numbers from immigrationportal.com (I think you already have a program to do that) and post crypted status results back to immigrationportal.com.

Lets find out willing members who can host this program on their systems.

Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever
rk4gc,

That is EXACTLY what I am suggesting, all the people who want Project Kashmir, volunteer, if the person is of good standing in the forum, then responsibilities of scanning should be handed over to them. Let them update the forum.

The grouse that I have is over LAZY SOB's who want to be spoon fed all the time but either Kashmir or others. When the time comes for them to do their bit for their forum, they find that they are very busy. Everyone is very pleased to eat the fruits of someone elses labor, but no one wants to participate.

I don't want Kashmir to do any more work than he is already doing. The man is working very hard in his own day job as well as fulltime working on Project Ocean/Kashmir/Lawsuit/etc. Give him a break.

As far as Project Ocean is concerned. We are still sending out the occasional faxes. Until March, there won't be any more town meetings where we can go and participate, hence the traffic on that is down a little bit. Not to mention the absolute lack of commitment from majority of the forum members, to sustain the kind of campaign that will herald changes. But come March atleast the core group will be back on track.

I agree Proj Ocean is first priority. Kasmir can offload Proj Kashmir to the willing parties. To keep it going, a comprehensive process need to be established how each WAC series can be scanned and results sent back to Kashmir for him to post the results. This could be done as first step and once this process is streamlined, we can offload all of this someone. Well, this was discussed multiple times and never took-off. CSC will never publish this reports and we may have to keep this going forever.

My point is lets not loose focus of some individuals who expect this without any effort. Its not just here, you will find them everywhere.

As I write this more than 41% are interested only in Project Kashmir reports. For all those who are interested only in Project Kashmir, just you can relax and wait for GC since you'll get it anyway with or without fighting for your GC. But remember, If we don't push CIS, Congress on the backlog issues, I sure most of us will get our sometime(after few decades) in our life time (hopefully!!!).

Originally posted by lareds
To keep it going, a comprehensive process need to be established how each WAC series can be scanned and results sent back to Kashmir for him to post the results.
Lareds,

The people who run the scans should update the forum on their own. There is no need to use up any more of Kashmir's time for it.

Kashmir, has many times offered to share the WAC numbers, he even ran a poll on that once, and nothing came of it. Only Jokerpoker_us seems to be doing his share of the work with Project Anaconda

rk4gc,

I am up for a meeting with Zoe or Anna anytime. Just tell me when and where and I will be there. I can send a fax to Anna's office just to stir the pot. But let us take this discussion to a different thread and leave this thread for its main cause.

Hey I140,

You cannot both call names to the forum members and also want their participation at the same time. Dis-respect is not acceptable at all. I always pariticipated in almost all the activities on this forum and if i cannot run the scans and reports, i cannot. But i did not give you f***ing right to call names...

Project Kashmir is a voluntary effort without strings attached. Kashmir, let me know if this is not true and i will make sure that i wont participate in any activities on this forum.

Either motivate positively or loose faith of followers...your call not mine...

Originally posted by kadamtal
You cannot both call names to the forum members and also want their participation at the same time. Dis-respect is not acceptable at all. I always pariticipated in almost all the activities on this forum and if i cannot run the scans and reports, i cannot. But i did not give you f***ing right to call names...

Project Kashmir is a voluntary effort without strings attached. Kashmir, let me know if this is not true and i will make sure that i wont participate in any activities on this forum.

Either motivate positively or loose faith of followers...your call not mine...
Obviously if you have been participating in all the activities the name calling is not meant for you. If you take the time to read through the posts before shooting your mouth, you will realise that my grouse is only against those people who have done nothing so far other than beg to be spoon fed.

As far as Project Kashmir is concerned, as always Kashmir has made it clear that there are no strings attached, and he hasn't asked for any one's participation in anything he does. He has also made it plain that he doesn't have the time to run scans on a daily basis, so don't see where you get off with making all kinds of melodramatic claims and statements.

As far as your participation or motivation are concerned. We are NOT here to do either. It is totally up to you. If you are pleased with the way INS is dealing with things, you are most welcome to remain LAZY. If your want to work towards YOUR GC, then you are welcome to either join us or plough your own path. Either ways, it is up to you. You are not doing anyone any favours by joining in, other than yourself. Your participation is extremely welcome, but no one has the time to sit and hold your hand.

As far as name calling is concerned, Here are few of the words I have used and my explanation behind them:
1. Lazy: Well you have admitted to being lazy, so shouldn't be offensive.
2. Good for nothing: If someone expects something and doesn't want to help in the community effort, then it is not a tag they should get offended about. (If you have been working towards Project Ocean, or any other such activity, obviously it won't apply to you).
3. Spoon Feeding: You have expressed a deep desire for which, in your first post.
4. SOB: Which is probably my only serious bit of name calling. But if you would have come for any of our meetings with Congressmen so far or participated in our fax campaign, you will realize that this is the least bit of name calling that applies to all the people who want to enjoy the fruits of the labor but don't want to participate.

If either of the tags above fit or hurt, take a look at the problem, the solution in front of us, see how much you have helped/participated and then blow your top. And being melodramatic is not going to help anything.

Originally posted by kashmir
I think the first voter is honest one.
I am a little bit suprized to see many long comments.
I may have to put some my comment later.

By the way,
the only one person voted both
1) I have participated some Project Ocean activities to get Project Kashmir reports.
and
2) I will never participate Project Ocean activities if I can get Project Kashmir reports without restriction.
and his/her vote is still only one for these items.

I think he/she is very honest and I like honest person,
so I'd like to add him/her to eligible-20040215.txt.
Please post a message so that I can add to the eligible list.

Dude I140, get a life!!! I will get my GC with or without Project Kashmir or Project Ocean.

Your yapping doesn't guarantee it either...so good luck to you...

Kashmir
I was the first person to vote :)....
though i have participated in project ocean activity earlier my ulterior motive was to see the kashmir report....

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by kashmir
I think the first voter is honest one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a little bit suprized to see many long comments.
I may have to put some my comment later.

By the way,
the only one person voted both
1) I have participated some Project Ocean activities to get Project Kashmir reports.
and
2) I will never participate Project Ocean activities if I can get Project Kashmir reports without restriction.
and his/her vote is still only one for these items.

I think he/she is very honest and I like honest person,
so I'd like to add him/her to eligible-20040215.txt.
Please post a message so that I can add to the eligible list.

Attachment: null.txt
This has been downloaded 1 time(s).

STATEMENT BY CLASS MEMBERS IN SUPPORT OF CLASS COUNSEL

Report this

My opinion on the project Kashmir is that it gives
very clear understanding of what can we expect
from the USCIS unless something is changed.
With the current rates of approvals/touching
many people are doomed to stay in the adjustee
status for many more years. Well, it is really worth
to do something about it i.e. participate in some
activities to improve things.

Originally posted by kadamtal
Dude I140, get a life!!! I will get my GC with or without Project Kashmir or Project Ocean.
Your yapping doesn't guarantee it either...so good luck to you...

Dude,

I have absolutely no clue what your problem is, or what I said that put a bee in your bonnet. Just went through all your past posts, and it seems like we are on the same page as far as fighting for our approvals and reducing backlogs is concerned.

I don't see why you should be pissed at anything I said, obviously you are doing your bit, so why take offense? My comments were very specifically targeted towards those who do nothing and still expect things. I am surprised you don't agree with me on that.

I am glad you have so much confidence in your ability to get your GC. Project Kashmir and Project Ocean will go on as long as there are enough people motivated to band together and do something over INS backlogs. If you don't want to be a part of either, then that is your problem.

As far as my yapping is concerned, I don't recollect every saying it will help anything, so not sure what gave you that impression.

So take it easy and back off. I have no more time to devote to flame wars. Though going by your particpation in previous Project Ocean related activity, I apologise if I caused you any grief.

Good luck to you with your GC!