• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

post of entry question

Sudanbye

hi every body
what is the post of entry means exactly ? is it means the first airport you landed or it means your destination airport( spacially when you have nonstop flight for example one hour only on transite)? if the first one is the answer how many hours one is need on transite to finish proceures before coninue his trip ?
thank you in advance

Port of entry, means the first US airoport you land, it can also be a Terrestrial border.
And that is where they will activate your GC.

Oh I guess you will need at least 2 hour transit, to make sure you do all your procedure, and catch the next flight...

Yes indeed, you hear about some people who whizz through but others can take two or more hours just in immigratiom queue plus processing if it is a busy airport or busy time.
Remember that at some airports you will still have to change terminals to get to your next flight.
And airiness are unlikely to be sympathetic if you miss your next flight which could be costly.... (And indeed one should ideally build in some 'fat' in case the original flight is late)
So agree with britsimon re 4 hours. Better to be kicking your heels at the airport Starbucks for an hour than frantically racing through to find you missed your connection and are slapped a fee to change the flight.

Oh I guess you will need at least 2 hour transit, to make sure you do all your procedure, and catch the next flight...

I've spent more than two hours just in the queue at jfk before. Remember as a new immigrant they usually tell you to go in the visitors queue, not the citizens/LPR one (because you aren't yet)

Dear all,

I am a DV-2014 selected and I have a DV1 visa. The visa (and medical) expires on Jan. 14, 2015. A flight is scheduled on Jan. 2, 2015. My question: is the flight not too late?

Dear all,

I am a DV-2014 selected and I have a DV1 visa. The visa (and medical) expires on Jan. 14, 2015. A flight is scheduled on Jan. 2, 2015. My question: is the flight not too late?
Technicaly you are fine for the 2nd january.
But its quite to close ! Because things can happen......

Dear all,

It's not too late. You're fine.

Hi all am passing thru Chicago as my initial POE any experiences with processing time there????Regards all Team green and All DV2015:)

Hi all am passing thru Chicago as my initial POE any experiences with processing time there????Regards all Team green and All DV2015:)

One of the members just mentioned taking 4 hours in Chicago - although that is hopefully a worst case scenario!