Post Citizenship: Question about travel to COP for former Asylee after becoming US Citizenship...!!!

nepz06

Registered Users (C)
I have some questions.

Is it ok to visit COP right after becoming US citizenship?
what about the former threat or fear of persecution to them who had great risk to visit COP?
What would be or who will take responsibilities if such persecution took place if a former asylee visit to his/her country of persecution?

Nepz06

well, you should never visit COP if you have genuine fear of persecution. Having said that if you face persecution, such as being jailed or something during your visit after citizenship, US government should stand by you and make arrangements to get you out of there. But again, if you seriously suspect that you will be in trouble, then why bother going back?

I have some questions.

Is it ok to visit COP right after becoming US citizenship?
what about the former threat or fear of persecution to them who had great risk to visit COP?
What would be or who will take responsibilities if such persecution took place if a former asylee visit to his/her country of persecution?

Nepz06

After becoming US citizen you can travel anywhere you want including COP provided it's safe for you to travel COP. After one become a citizen he/she don't have to worry about any consequences that may occur for a PR ( GC holder based on asylum) in port of entry ( POE) or even in citizenship interview. Although I traveled COP once while in PR status & no questions were raised not in POE nor at the citizenship interview. But I'm not the example here. Just because I didn't have no problem did not certainly means same rule applies for all. May be I was lucky let's put it this way.
Well, actually time I applied my asylum & getting approval till receiving GC it took a whole long time so my country conditions improved a lot. But now that I'm an US citizen even if I face any trouble going back to COP US govt. will be by my side cause I AM AN AMERICAN NOW.
Atique.

After becoming US citizen you can travel anywhere you want including COP provided it's safe for you to travel COP. After one become a citizen he/she don't have to worry about any consequences that may occur for a PR ( GC holder based on asylum) in port of entry ( POE) or even in citizenship interview. Although I traveled COP once while in PR status & no questions were raised not in POE nor at the citizenship interview. But I'm not the example here. Just because I didn't have no problem did not certainly means same rule applies for all. May be I was lucky let's put it this way.
Well, actually time I applied my asylum & getting approval till receiving GC it took a whole long time so my country conditions improved a lot. But now that I'm an US citizen even if I face any trouble going back to COP US govt. will be by my side cause I AM AN AMERICAN NOW.
Atique.

Antique, thanks for prompt answer. I think you are one of the lucky person even you visited to COP no question asked during your citizenship interview. I wish it for every one who visited COP.

I wanted to be clear if USCIS would ask later becoming citizenship if someone visit COP after becoming US Citizen because USCIS may still think how one can be safe to visit COP after citizenship if a PR through asylum presented to them (USCIS) it would be great danger to visit COP therefore they granted Asylum. I know country condition may change but if the country condition is same as before there may be question arised.
Just wanna make sure if such question may rise by USCIS or POE or not?

Dude,

Revoking someone's greencard just because he/she traveled to COP is extremely difficult if not possible. For them to revoke your citizenship, they will have to literally sue you in the federal district court. Any responsible government lawyer will tell them this is the exercise of futility.