possible to reschedule oath over phone?

Sid1234

Registered Users (C)
HI everyone,

Suppose my oath letter arrives while I am away traveling. I track my application online and find out that my oath letter has arrived. Usually, to reschedule one mails back the original letter along with a request to change the date. But if I am away from home, can I reschedule the oath over the phone?

Thanks for you help.

Online status never updates about Oath information. Don't rely on online status . Have someone to check your mailbox regularly if you are on vacation.

HI everyone,

Suppose my oath letter arrives while I am away traveling. I track my application online and find out that my oath letter has arrived. Usually, to reschedule one mails back the original letter along with a request to change the date. But if I am away from home, can I reschedule the oath over the phone?

Thanks for you help.

NetMeeting works even better :eek: Just kidding...

Depends on how closely the online status system reflects the status of the paper workflow. From what I have seen from my case, there may be quite a difference between the two. I had a successful interview last week yet the online system is telling me I am still in the interview process.

I would have a trusted person get your mail and FedEx or scan/email a copy of the Oath letter, which you can then send to the proper channel. Of course, there's also the issue of how much lead time one has between Oath Letter and Oath...

So perhaps a call could be in order. The number has been posted on a number of threads.

HI everyone,

Thanks for you help.

You are going to have problems if you think phoning 1800 number and request a rescheduling. If your mail is delivered, a rescheduling is required via mail for proper tracking and documentation....unless you want to be told your application has been denied for failure to appear for naturalization ceremony.

Online status is like the weather, unpredictable and even when it becomes predictable, it baffles even the smartest weathermen..:)

HI everyone,

Thanks for you help.

No, you'll have to request reschedule by mail, and don't rely on online status..have someone check your mail while you're gone.