Possible reasons for denying I-485. Any statistics ?

sasha69

Registered Users (C)
First of all I would like to thank PCee for the excellent job. I am sure many have thanked him before, many will thank him in future...

I have the following question for guys who spent some time on this forum.

What are the most common reasons for denying I-485 after successful I-140 petition? Does anybody knows any official statistics about the percentage of denied I-485 cases at CSC?
I guess people whose I-485 was denied are less inclined to share their experiences on the forum...
Thanks!

sasha69

I am also curious to hear from people whose 485 petiotion has been denied. I know hundreds of people who got their GCs approved in the last 6 years that I had been here, but so far not heard of even one denial. May be therein lies a general answer to your question.

I think (strong) criminal background, inability to produce the evidence for various requirements could trigger an intent for denial.

Well,no doubt very few got denied. And even if they did, they offcourse didnt share it with us. I know few who got denied ( or asked to come back with more papers) with CP. Even though, CP has a approval rate more than AOS. AOS can be denied/appealed etc... but the bottom line is the statistics for AOS denials are not available. I havent heard of any one getting denied. Not a single one throught my 3 years here or rupnet or anywhere

using any kind of http scanner for INS online status, it would be pretty easy to gather denial statistics.
The key message for a case denial is "written decision has been mailed"

Filing before PD becomes current

The #1 reason for denial is filing 485's before your Priority Date becomes current -- I have seen maybe 5/6 denials before for this reason.

I guess the main reason of denial can be if you have been involved in some illegal activity and there is a pending case against for violation of law.

or

If you have false personal information on your file whether intentional or unintentional

What about AC21?

There have been countless posts regarding AC21; job titles and descriptions having to be similar, salaries, location, etc. But while I have seen several posts from people who have received RFEs after using AC21 they have all been approved. Does anyone know of an AC21 case that has been denied or had problems?

You could file again i think

In most cases where PD Date is the reason for denial, you can file 485 again. For other cases - I think you can appeal.

my 2 cents

If you want to know cases that got "Intent to deny" then search for this on this board and you will find wide variety of reasons:

I just searched typing "Intent deny" as search words and selected "Search titles only", "show results as posts" and I got 32 hits. Going through those posts did show several different situations (of course most of them are mentioned in this thread by several other members).

Here is the link for my search:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com...id=97117&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

- PCee