Possible Mumbai April-May Interview

enthu29

Registered Users (C)
My packet 3 reached Mumbai on Feb 19. I called Mumbai consulate yesterday and they told me that the likely interview date could be sometime in the last week of April or early May.

If anyone has sent Packet 3 to Mumabi recently, let us track the interview schedule..

what documents in p3 ?

As far as i know !!
$260+260
DS230I
OF-169
anything else ??
I-134 ?
originals or copies ?

My Packet-3 reached on Feb- 15

I guess I will be with \'immigrationcp\'.

I have not yet called up.

New rule for recent 140 approvals

Hello guys,
 My 140 recently got approved. I saw a couple of posting saying that there is a new change in procedure for CP processing. Could someone explain me what is the change?
Thanks
-Advait

Possible to get May interview in Mumbai?

My I-140 with CP was approved on Jan 18th. Is it possible to get May interview if packet-3 reaches consulate before March 20th?

Thanks.
agite

CP New Rule

Hey Guys, Congradulations on getting your Pkt. 3\'s sent.

My 140 was approved last year on 9/4/2001 but INS made a "mistake" and approved it for AOS even though CP was requested. Corrected approval was sent out on 12/5/2001 and recd. by NVC on 12/12/2001. NVC told me that new procedures were in place for Mumbai CP processing and that all Pkt. 3 forms along with fees ($260 per person) are to be returned to NVC who will review and then get a VISA number and set up an interview date. And they also indicated that it would take 6-8 weeks for the new instructions to be sent out in Pkt.3 to lawyer. Lawyer recd. it around 2/13/2002 and I had to arrange for a $520 (2 persons) certified check drawable at a US bank and send it to the lawyer. So finally, my pkt 3 was sent to NVC by lawyer last friday 2/22/2002. Now the wait begins, again, I\'ve got used to it now!!!

My question to those of you who have mentioned that you\'ve sent pkt 3 to the consulate, how come you guys did not follow the NEW RULE? Perhaps none of you had to send to Mumbai?

Thanks for your response! And hope my exp. detailed above helps Advait\'s question.

AAK.

Risk for Mumbai CP

Hello,
 My 140 was approved for CP on Feb 21st.My lawyer emailed me today that I should reconsider my decision to go on for CP considering the psot 9/11 scenario. God forbid if the consulate were to temporarily shut down or the policies changed when we go to Mumbai for CP.
What do you guys think?
-TXlucky

Packet-3 reached mumbai on the 15th of Feb

hello everybody,

my packet 3 reached the mumbai consulate on the 15th of the feb too. must have been a busy day at the reception there. my I140 was approved in november, last year and the instructions i received along with my packet 3 were according to the old procedure. as i did not get any further notification about the change in rules. i sent the forms (only 230-Is and 169s) directly to the consulate. my lawyer asked me to do the same too. if i remember correctly the posting about the change in rule did mention that the new rules were applicable for I140s approved this year.

Can somebody tell me what number to call at the mumbai consulate to enquire about the interview date. What time should i call. I am in the DC metro area. perhaps immigrationcp can help me out.

Thanks.

Good point- why did my lawyer not tell me this- Is their any effective date for this law?

My I140 got approved on 11/8. From then until now, I am struggling to get my PCC/birth certs/... (all f... docs, that Indian Govt, f.., don\'t give that easily for it\'s good citizens).

Attn AA Kumar , Packet 3 to Mumbai Consulate

My I-140 got approved sometime around Nov 15 and I got packet 3 from NVC (actually received it from my lawyer) in the first week of December. There is no mention of change in the procedure..they requested me to send the packet 3 to Mumbai consulate directly. I guess, I was lucky and the new rule was not in place by the time NVC sent me packet 3.

Guys! How long at St.Louis

Hi Guys,
 Any idea how long it is taking at St.Louis to process fees etc?
TIA

Got response from Mumbai

I had sent an email to MumbaiIV@state.gov, with case number, asking probable interview date. Got reply next day, saying that I should expect interview in April, my packet 3 reached Mumbain on Feb-15.

how come i never seem to get a reply from them

i dont know what higher force is in play here but i havent yet seen any response to my emails to mumbaiiv@state.gov. i have already sent them two separate emails and all is quiet on that front. ummmmm.....

any ways the next option would be to call them directly call them i guess. can anybody of who has followed that course of action help me out with some phone numbers and the preferable times at which to call the consulate ?

Thanks.

daffy - my I-140 was approved in Nov also

My case is not AC , case it is normal CP.

Daffy are you sending you Case number , etc correctly . Try once more.

EkGCChahiye, Did you get all certificates.

Hope you have arranged for your ll cetificates.
If not you may get PCC from Indian Consulate in US in about 2 months. They also issue birth certficate on the basis of your school record. Just call them & visit thier web site.

Otherwise instead of birth certificate you can have a letter from birth/registration office that your records were not registered & then get affidavit from any two neighbour/relative.

Hope this helps.

My I-140 got approved recently so its a long wait. I got my all certifcates except PCC.