Possible March Mumbai Interview Tracker!!!

DOES THE CONSULATE APPEND THE INTERVIEW DATES!!!

Does the consulate schedule the interviews for march in one go or keep on updating new cases for march or any month as they told me to check on 15th of February when i called them last week....mine is EB2 ..Packet 3 reached mumbai on 14th January..opted for CP in I140 so have the case no...

They will until they publish

Hi,

They will schedule until they publish on their Web site.Even after that they can assign a date on Case to Case basis.I know a friend who got a Date on Feb 6th in the last minute after repeated requests for Feb date.They might have told Feb 15th to you beco\'z that is when they publish the dates.Try calling this week itself.They should have your info.

Regards,

rcp2000

My lawyer sent the packet 3 on 23rd December just after cut off date which is 20th of the month because I didn\'t want Feb interview as I was waiting for my PCC. My electronic file transfer from NVC to Mumbai was done on 5th December. So my name was in the mumbai system before I sent my packet 3. I made sure before my lawyer sent packet 3 that Mumbai has my records from NVC.

Called up today my interview is on 20th March......

lets help each other by discussing the fundas for bombay cp like interview questions ...new set of documents from this feb etc...
also lets keep a track of how many of us are going to bombay during march

what time did you call?

hi gcworth,
tried calling the consulate today from 3.30- 4.30 est ,no luck.got through 3 times but nobody picks up the phone.what time did you call?

Medical : Is it necessary to take an appointment ?

Or you can just walk in and do it ? I am thinking of doing it at Hinduja.

Yes you have to take an appointment

Hi,

You can\'t walk-in for the Medical tests.you need to take the appointment.

Regards,

Called Consulate today and got interview date

My interview is on 27th march.Even got an email from them confirming the same.

Lets keep a trach of people who have been confirmend for March with the dates...

Till now there are following people confirmed for march ..
srikoka
never
ykv
jsj123
pintoo
gcworth 20th march

Possible March Interview

Hello Guys,

New to this forum.

Last week I got an reply of my email saying interview possible in march. I will call tomorrow morning and find out the date.

I applied for PCC on 29th Jan at CGNY after checking on this forum. My trouble is that I will get the PCC after 45 days (approx. 15th march according to CGNY).

If I get a date in 1st half of march then can I postpone the interview??.

Please help.

-Jay

Advise Needed ! Bom Consulate doesn\'t have my Case # on their System

Firstly, I apologize for my ignorance about the CP.

My lawyer sent Pkt 3 thru Fedex which was received by Bom consulate on Jan 22. However, when I called them on Feb 5, I was told my case # is not on the system and they don\'t have my packet. On my persistence urging, my lawyer is following up from NVC whether they have sent their copy.

Q. I see lot of post suggesting they could confirm the reciept of packet3/case # on consulate system. How can I do this ? (My two email to consulate have remained unanswered)
Q. If someone can throw some light/point me to right link as to details of procedure of what happens after the consulate receives the pkt3

Thanks a lot

They might have not entered in their system.

Hi,

It\'s most likely that they might have not entered your case in their system (or) probably waiting to recieve electronic copy from NVC.In case they haven\'t entered your case they would normally answer you that they don\'t have your packet.So don\'t worry.Hang on and ask your lawyer(or you can call NVC) to find out whether they have forwarded your case to the consulate.

sailing permit

Folks,
Does anybody know the requirement for sailing permit????? Do we have to show the 2001 tax return to get it??? Because I am planning to file my tax return after interview . can I still get it??? I will appreciate any suggestion

jayd

Jayd,
You can email US embassy and can tell them that you have preference for last week of march or even you can ask for specific data like 29th march explaining your problem. I am sure they will give you that date. They don\'t take any preference by phone because I tried that . Only way they will take it by email. You can email them at MUMBAIIV@state.gov regarding to your date preference. I asked for my preference and I got it. Hope this helps

Thanks, Srikoka

.... am hoping to see my case # pop up magically on Feb 15th on the interview appt web page. Will follow your suggestion and call NVC.

question for all CP experts

My lawyer sent out I-824 form in early jan. I still haven\'t recd receipt. Lawyer said that when he called they told him that INS had sent it around Jan 10 but it never got here. Anyway they are reissuing the receipt and will send it again.
here are my questions:

1. has anyone experienced this before. How long do you think it will take to reissue and when should I expect the receipt now
2. I have all other documents ready for AC-140. I want to avoid an interview between may 15 and June 15. So when do you guys think I should send in my P3
3. If I do happen to get an interview bt may15 and june 15 - how easy is it to postpone??

thanks a lot