Possible Documents for Naturalization Interview

hm11

Registered Users (C)
We know that BCIS ask certain documents to bring at the time of intervew. I propose that we should make a LIST of all possible documents needed for the interview. This way we can help each other. We can avoid further delay in our Oath schedule and BCIS can also save time & money on processing additional pieces of mail.
I think we should take the following documents at the time of interview:

1-Interview letter
2-Green Card
3-Passport
4-Five Year Tax Return
5-A utility Bill (Phone, Electricity)
6-Marriage Certificate (translated if the certificate is in other language)

Make photocopies of each document.

Please list other possible documents one might need at the time of interview.:) :)

Documents pertaining to ur spouse

If ur spouse is on a visa...

- copy of the visa
- paystubs
- tax returns
- copy of I-94

Utility Bill

Is this required to prove that you are currently living at the address or you have lived here for say, past 5 years? If its the latter, do we need some kind of proof to prove this, maybe, bills from past 5 years ..:confused:

Why 5 years?

I thought the utility bill is there to prove that you have been living in the district for 3 month (or whatever the requirement is).

I would love to "move" to Milwaukee where they say it takes 30-60 days to naturalize.:D

oh ok, Thanks George.

Or move to San antonio... I guess Milwaukee is better so you don't have to deal with TSC.. :D

I dont have divorce decree but i have a certified copy of divorce papers from the court.. Just wondering if it will be okay to submit certified copy of divorce papers as a proof of divorce for naturalization or will they require divorce decree only? thankyou

I dont have divorce decree but i have a certified copy of divorce papers from the court.. Just wondering if it will be okay to submit certified copy of divorce papers as a proof of divorce for naturalization or will they require divorce decree only? thankyou
An official divorce decree is usually required. You can can submit copies of certified papers with application and bring divorce decree to interview.