Port Of Entry (POE) Questions

Dave013

My posts aren't showing -- try again.

Summary: Canadian living in Cali on TN, quit job and have a new job, need a new TN

Read on here I don't need to go to a border -- called the San Fran POE and was told I DO NEED TO GO TO A BORDER??

What is the truth?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
My posts aren't showing -- try again.

Summary: Canadian living in Cali on TN, quit job and have a new job, need a new TN

Read on here I don't need to go to a border -- called the San Fran POE and was told I DO NEED TO GO TO A BORDER??

What is the truth?

Thanks

I have also gone through this confusion.

If you quit you need new TN1 visa for new employer as your previous TN1 visa no longer valid(because issued for previous employer). Take it as you are applying for new TN1 and need all ORIGINALS. Take latest salary statement with you as officer may ask for it.

Safer way is go to border get new TN1 and then resign.

Last edited by a moderator:
TN is an ENTRY status, this you must be ENTERING US. To enter US, you must LEAVE US. So, to get a TN a SFO POE, you would have to be travelling by plane from another country.

Or, you go to border.

No. Hawaii is within US. He is not entering US when he flies from Hawaii to California.

SF to Mexico city is probably not cheaper than SFO to YVR.

Besides, SFO probably handles a handful of TN's per year, while YVR handles > 1000. I'd go with experience.

Do you have to be so rude? Half the crap you post on here isn't accurate. People are just trying to learn from others and seek advice not your sarcastic judgement.

You have trouble calculating fractions, and your opinion is of absolutely no value to anyone (well, maybe your boyfriend, maybe), especially me.

See, not a note of sarcasm.

You have trouble calculating fractions, and your opinion is of absolutely no value to anyone (well, maybe your boyfriend, maybe), especially me.

See, not a note of sarcasm.

Let's keep it on topic, nelsona. Your posts are most often helpful. Sometimes the "tone" comes off condescending. Remember, immigration laws are confusing and ever changing. Not everyone browsing forums are always well informed.