Port of Entry doubt?

vxc

Registered Users (C)
Hello All:

I came to US in Oct/2004 with Company A and my H1B Visa Valid till Jan/2007. Later in July/2005 I changed the Employer and joined in another company B.(Got new H1B approval also, I94 valid till July/2008)
Now I want to go to my home country for two weeks. While comming back to US, at port of entry will It be a problem if i use my Old employer's (Company A's) Visa b'cos it is Valid till Jan/2007.

Does any one faced this situation, Please share your experiences...!!

Thanks much,
vxc

vxc said:
Hello All:

I came to US in Oct/2004 with Company A and my H1B Visa Valid till Jan/2007. Later in July/2005 I changed the Employer and joined in another company B.(Got new H1B approval also, I94 valid till July/2008)
Now I want to go to my home country for two weeks. While comming back to US, at port of entry will It be a problem if i use my Old employer's (Company A's) Visa b'cos it is Valid till Jan/2007.

Does any one faced this situation, Please share your experiences...!!

Thanks much,
vxc
at POE show the valid visa stamp in passport AND new H1 approval that is valid till july,2008 and you will get I-94 till July/2008. check the I-94 validity at POE

Thanks Ginnu,

One more question..

But my Visa stamp has my Old Employer's name on it. If i show Visa stamp and my new H1 at POE. Both Petetioner's names will be different...!
Can we still use Old valid visa stamp with new H1 approval in POE.

Or do we need to get stamped with new Company on the passport...?

Thanks,
VXC

vxc said:
Thanks Ginnu,

One more question..

But my Visa stamp has my Old Employer's name on it.
-----no problem
If i show Visa stamp and my new H1 at POE. Both Petetioner's names will be different...!
Can we still use Old valid visa stamp with new H1 approval in POE.
------------YES, show the visa stamp AND H1 approval notice
Or do we need to get stamped with new Company on the passport...?
----no need to get new visa stamp if at the time of entry to US you have Valid Visa stamp and H1 approval in hand and show at POE.
if you wish you can also get new Visa stamp before you enter US

Thanks,
VXC