Political asylum

summer star

Hi guys,happy new year to you all,i need some advise,my asylum was denied and i got a letter that said i should appear before the immigration Judge in 20 days from today,does that mean that will be the day the Judge will hear my case,or is that the day he will set up a day for me to go back for the hearing,i am so worried please advise,also when will i get the work authorization card,i have no job and i am very stresses in terms of money,please advise,thank you so much.

Hi guys,happy new year to you all,i need some advise,my asylum was denied and i got a letter that said i should appear before the immigration Judge in 20 days from today,does that mean that will be the day the Judge will hear my case,or is that the day he will set up a day for me to go back for the hearing,i am so worried please advise,also when will i get the work authorization card,i have no job and i am very stresses in terms of money,please advise,thank you so much.

Sorry to hear about your denial. But you have another equal chance in front of the Judge. You are right. In 20 days you will see the judge called Master Calender hearing and he/she will give you an individual hearing which could be in a year or something.
About your work authorization, yes, you can get a EAD after 150 days but make sure do not postpone your hearing date because if you delay it then your clock will reset and you will have to wait another 150 days from the day you delay it.
Good luck and be prepared with as much evidence as you can in front of Judge, because they have a higher standard than asylum officers.

Asylum

Is a court individual hearing always scheduled for the following year? Could it be a few months or so from the master hearing? I had an asylum interview last week. The officer was not nice at all but I answered her questions as best as I could. I have a very strong application with many supporting documents and letters, including newspaper articles about my own claim. I just feel I was nervous answering an officer who was too cold and unwelcoming. The interview did not cover everything stated in my affidavit. I heard that some asylum applicants had very brief interviews; yet they were granted asylum eventually. Would this fact give me some hope and help me relax? How does an asylum officer make his/her decision? What weighs more: interview or application? I don't remember contradicting myself in the interview but I do remember feeling nervous because of the officer's ungentle way and thus giving sometimes too short and sometimes too long answers. Any thoughts, guys?

Sorry to hear about your denial. But you have another equal chance in front of the Judge. You are right. In 20 days you will see the judge called Master Calender hearing and he/she will give you an individual hearing which could be in a year or something.
About your work authorization, yes, you can get a EAD after 150 days but make sure do not postpone your hearing date because if you delay it then your clock will reset and you will have to wait another 150 days from the day you delay it.
Good luck and be prepared with as much evidence as you can in front of Judge, because they have a higher standard than asylum officers.