• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Police Report, US?

Euro84

Hi!

I studied in the US and was on an F1 visa for three years (after being aged 16).

Do I need to get a police report from the US? The government instructions page says: Note: Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police certificates covering their residence in the U.S.

As far as I understand, an F1 student is not a resident. So, do I need to get a police certificate from the US?

Thanks!

With your F1 visa, you were a "temporary resident", so yes, you are covered by the instruction that says "Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police certificates covering their residence in the U.S." Plus, an FBI check will be carried out on you anyway.

I've also emailed our consulate office and they've said the same thing. So no police record needed from US.

Hi, I was same situation as you. You just need to do figure print scan is fine when interview. Thanks.