• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

police report from Uzbekistan,Ukraine

convenantchild

Registered Users (C)
I am a Nigerian. My husband happen to have won Dv 2008 visa lottery.I did a year language school in Tashkent State University,Uzbekistan and later proceeded to Ukraine where i had my degree.Presently we reside in Nigeria.How and where do i apply for a police report?:confused:

I guess Uzbekistan and Ukrainian Consulates should help you. Or friends in those countries with deputy letter from you could request certificates from internal ministry. Both ways it will be time consuming process (6 month).

08/13/07: By the way, was your study during USSR time (before 1993) or recently?
If it was USSR then you have to seek Russian Embassy/Consulate because Moscow authority has all records about foreign students.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Entermate for the reply.
I did my language school way back in 1987 at Uzbekistan and unfortunately i dont have a friend there and they dont have an enbassy in Nigeria but Ukraine embassy opened not long ago in Nigeria so i will definitely go there for an enquiry.
I graduated in 1994 while my hubby graduated in 1993 from Ukraine. So, I dont know if Russian embassy can be of help in getting police report.

I suggest to start first at Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 5, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria P.O.Box 2723
Because Russian Federation is a successor of USSR and Uzbekistan with Ukraine were parts of USSR. See if Russian Consul could help in your case: i.e. you have been in Soviet Union, Tashkent State University, and Kiev State University from Sept. 1987 to Jul. 1988 and could Counsul help you to obtain police sertificate for that period of time, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
why not go over to the russian embassy in nigeria to sort things out with them ,am sure they canbe of great help to you ok.

hi pips i also wonn the lottery in2006 and am here in thstates thank GOD.aint it beautiful,cos life itself is beautiful.

why not go over to the russian embassy in nigeria to sort things out with them ,am sure they canbe of great help to you ok.

they can't do that because Russia is not Uzbekistan. Russians can't help you get a police report from a different country, nor will they want to.

Here are two ways to get the police reports from UZ:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciprocity/reciprocity_3701.html

check if there is an Uzbek Mission in Nigeria (not a consulate).

or:

you can also join www.govorimpro.us, there are lot of people from UZ there, and you can ask for help with your police records. They can help you find out what you need to get one. You can write in English or Russian (even in translit - using Latin letters instead of Cyrrilic), we will still help you. :)