Police Clearance Certificates - AOS

still_waiting11

Registered Users (C)
Hello all!

I am preparing to sponsor my in-laws for permanent residency while they are in the US. I was aware of getting a PCC if I were to go down the path of CP (which can be obtained from the local police station back home). However, I am unsure of how to get a police clearance certificate if I file for AOS from a local office here in the US. Would I get this from local police office from the city I live in to fulfill the requirement?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

SW.

hi

Hello all!

I am preparing to sponsor my in-laws for permanent residency while they are in the US. I was aware of getting a PCC if I were to go down the path of CP (which can be obtained from the local police station back home). However, I am unsure of how to get a police clearance certificate if I file for AOS from a local office here in the US. Would I get this from local police office from the city I live in to fulfill the requirement?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

SW.

PCC is not required if you file for AOS in USA. PCC is only required if you file for CP.

You say "I am preparing to sponsor my in-laws for permanent residency while they are in the US."

If these in-laws are CURRENTLY in the U.S. and there has been some changed circumstance that makes it better to remain here and apply for AOS, that is one thing but if they are not currently in the U.S. then you are planning an immigration fraud.

Which is it?

Also, you might be a financial joint or co-sponsor on an I-864 but it must be your USC spouse who sponsors his/her parents on I-130's and also as the I-130 petitioner must be the primary I-864 sponsor (even with zero income).

@BigJoe5 - Planning while they are here. I did not know doing that was a fraud? Please clarify, since I dont want to be in that position. Also thanks for the info on the I-864. Good to know.

@Triple Citizen - my spouse would be doing it. I am just helping prepare the forms.

SW.

That is why correct choice of words is imperative :)

As others have already stated, no PCCs needed for AOS, unless several attempts at taking finger prints fails to deliver a useable set of prints.

@Triple Citizen - my spouse would be doing it. I am just helping prepare the forms.

@BigJoe5 - Planning while they are here. I did not know doing that was a fraud? Please clarify, since I dont want to be in that position. Also thanks for the info on the I-864. Good to know.

SW.

It makes a difference if they are already here when they decide that they want to live here permanently versus making plans for them to adjust while here IF THEY ARE ACTUALLY NOT HERE YET.

In order for person to obtain a B visa AND in order to enter as a "tourist", that person must declare that they have no immigrant intent, that they have a foreign residence that they have no plans to abandon and do plan to return to. In addition they must show ties to the home country.

In order for one to obtain a B visa and then enter the U.S. as a "tourist" with the pre-conceived and pre-planned intent of remaining here and applying for adjustment of status, they must tell many lies, make multiple misrepresentation and probably supply false, forged and/or fraudulent documentary evidence.

That is outright FRAUD. Don't do that. If your in-laws want to immigrate, do it the right and legal way from the very beginning. IR's are at the front of the line for a visa already.

It makes a difference if they are already here when they decide that they want to live here permanently versus making plans for them to adjust while here IF THEY ARE ACTUALLY NOT HERE YET.

In order for person to obtain a B visa AND in order to enter as a "tourist", that person must declare that they have no immigrant intent, that they have a foreign residence that they have no plans to abandon and do plan to return to. In addition they must show ties to the home country.

In order for one to obtain a B visa and then enter the U.S. as a "tourist" with the pre-conceived and pre-planned intent of remaining here and applying for adjustment of status, they must tell many lies, make multiple misrepresentation and probably supply false, forged and/or fraudulent documentary evidence.
- Since they are here already, so I need not worry about all this.

That is outright FRAUD. Don't do that. If your in-laws want to immigrate, do it the right and legal way from the very beginning. IR's are at the front of the line for a visa already.
- What is IR?

Thanks for your insight.

SW

- Since they are here already, so I need not worry about all this.

- What is IR?

Thanks for your insight.

SW

IR = Immediate Relative of a USC

You never answered the original question. Your responses come across as fake ignorance.

Did they obtain B visas and enter the U.S. as "tourists" under false pretenses as the result of telling a bunch of lies about their intentions? Did they hide their immigrant intent when enetring as "tourists"?

I see far too many situiations where a child forces their parents (and in-laws) to file for greencards for some other reason than the most important one: Do these in-laws actually want to move permanently to the U.S.? Is it their desire or someone else's? Are they in a big hurry to file for adjustment and get Advance Parole to hurry back home? Are they in a hurry to get greencards and re-entry permits and then hurry back home?