• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Police certificates needed for dual nationals?

msfi

Registered Users (C)
Second NL on its way so I am now busily getting everything in order for the interview since I will be out of the country for a few weeks in between.

I am a dual national. I am getting the police certificate for my home country, country of birth which is the country I used for the DV win.

Do I also need the police certificate of the country of my second nationality, the country in which I now live? I have lived here for less than 12 months.

I checked the documentation and it talks about certificates needed for countries lived in for more than 12 months, and your country of nationality. But not about requirements for dual nationals. Will they only want to see information based on the nationality I am using for my visa application?

Would the consulate be able to answer this question?

Which countries are involved...that could matter and by the time of the interview if you at that point lived there 12 months, you probably will need it.

Any way if you have a clean record why not obtaining more papers than less which only can help your case.

Australia and UK.

Not including the Netherlands as I only lived there 8 months.

I also think you need the police report for every place you lived more than 6 months. It is best to check with the embassy. I know it is a hassle to get police reports from some countries even if the person has a clean record. Good luck.

I also think you need the police report for every place you lived more than 6 months. It is best to check with the embassy. I know it is a hassle to get police reports from some countries even if the person has a clean record. Good luck.

Just checked, more than 12 months. Phew, that's one less thing to do.

Confirmed I do need UK and Aus.

Just checked, more than 12 months. Phew, that's one less thing to do.

Confirmed I do need UK and Aus.

I am sorry about that. Just checked and found that if you lived in a country that is not your native country, then you should be there for at least 12 months to get a police report. Thanks for correcting me. All the best.