Police Certificate

haiwangmain

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

OF-167 says applicants need to obtain police certificate from all countries where they have resided for at least one year.

If my parents had lived in the US for more than 1 year, do I need to get police certificate for them? If so, how to get it?

Thank you!

Hi,

OF-167 says applicants need to obtain police certificate from all countries where they have resided for at least one year.

If my parents had lived in the US for more than 1 year, do I need to get police certificate for them? If so, how to get it?

Thank you!

Hi!

If they are not living in US now, yes, they need a police clearance on their homeland. It is required by an embassy.

CP: police certificate necessary for the previous US stay (more than 1 year)

Eleanor,

Thank you for your reply.

How about the US police issued police certificate, for their stay period in US, which was longer than 1 year? Do they need to obtain the police certificate from US police? If so, how?

Thanks!
h

Eleanor,

Thank you for your reply.

How about the US police issued police certificate, for their stay period in US, which was longer than 1 year? Do they need to obtain the police certificate from US police? If so, how?

Thanks!
h

Hi Haiwangmain:

Lucymo is right. Police certificate is required by, Consular Processing, Embassy. They want to make sure that applicant has no criminal and/or bankruptcy record has ever been filed.

bancruptcy has nothing to do with the police report. It's not a crime.

Hi LucyMO:

You are right. However, in my country if you filed your bankcruptcy, they won't issue it to you. We don't call this as a police certificate. We call it a good citizen certificate. It's the only certificate police will issue it to you for immigration process.