• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Police Certificate or Reference letter?

ubman

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, I am from Mongolia. My wife got the DV-2006 NL from the KCC and we have sent our application forms back to KCC. Now we are preparing docs for the interview. Our case number is AS000006XX so we expect the interview sometime between October and December this year. From the earier posts I figured out that I should provide a Police certificate from the place I stayed more than 12 months. I studied 5 years in St. Petersburg, Russia and graduated in 1990. I have contacted the university where I studied and asked where to get the Police Certificate. They say that Police in St. Petersburg will not give any certificate or reference to me and I should write a letter to the University asking for a Reference letter that I do not have any criminal records, etc. I wonder if such Reference letter from the University would be accepted at the interview instead of the Police Certificate? Will the consular staff insist me to provide only Police Certificate? It seems that we will have the CP in Seoul. Please advise, what to do? Thanks

No, the reference from the University has nothing to do with the DV lottery and it will not suffice. People in Russia don't know anything in regards to the lottery and the police certificates.

Do call/write the Russian embassy in Mongolia.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/ReciprocityWeb/Country Folder/R/Russia.htm

Those residing outside of Russia, both Russian citizens and non-citizens, may either delegate a Power-of-Attorney to apply for the certificate on their behalf in Russia, or apply directly to the Russian Consulate. Police certificates should note all names that the person has used in Russia, and should note the MVD branches in all locations that were queried.

Thank you very much for the information. You are very helpful for all in the forum. Kep up the good work.

That's great information. thanks LucyMo. Keep the good work!
Robert

LucyMO said:
No, the reference from the University has nothing to do with the DV lottery and it will not suffice. People in Russia don't know anything in regards to the lottery and the police certificates.

Do call/write the Russian embassy in Mongolia.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/ReciprocityWeb/Country Folder/R/Russia.htm

Those residing outside of Russia, both Russian citizens and non-citizens, may either delegate a Power-of-Attorney to apply for the certificate on their behalf in Russia, or apply directly to the Russian Consulate. Police certificates should note all names that the person has used in Russia, and should note the MVD branches in all locations that were queried.