• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Police certificate: lived in a different part of their country of nationality for more than 6 months

barretoja

Registered Users (C)
In the Instructions for selectees: Civil Documents it states: "IF the applicant have lived in a different part of their country of nationality for more than 6 months" What do they mean with that?

For instance, if I am from Spain and live in Madrid but in the past I have been lived in Barcelona for more than 6 month, do I have to ask for one police certificate in Madrid and another one in Barcelona?

Please advice....

In the Instructions for selectees: Civil Documents it states: "IF the applicant have lived in a different part of their country of nationality for more than 6 months" What do they mean with that?

For instance, if I am from Spain and live in Madrid but in the past I have been lived in Barcelona for more than 6 month, do I have to ask for one police certificate in Madrid and another one in Barcelona?

Please advice....

Hola Barretoja!

The DVselectee site has country specific information. The Spanish page(http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9740) has the following information:-

Police Record

Available for applicants over 18 years old.

The Spanish police Certificate is known in Spain as "Certificado de Antecedentes Penales".

If you are a Spanish national residing in Spain or a third country national (TCN) legally living in Spain, you may apply in three different ways:

By mail at the "Oficina Central de Atención al Ciudadano¨ from the Ministry of Justice, in Plaza Jacinto Benavente 3, 28012 Madrid, Spain,
In person in that Office or, outside Madrid, in any "Gerencia Territorial" from the Ministry of Justice.
By internet, if the applicant has a Digital Certificate, through the web page www.mjusticia.es. This document can be verified in that web page with the Security Verification Code at the bottom of the page.

I'm 23yo and I've been here in the U.S. for 3 years this October. Do I still need police reports from my country for the time I lived in Italy? Do I also need U.S. police reports?

I'm 23yo and I've been here in the U.S. for 3 years this October. Do I still need police reports from my country for the time I lived in Italy? Do I also need U.S. police reports?

Ok I found the answer for the second question. No police records for the time spent in the U.S. .

If you're doing AOS you don't need a PCC from where ever you've lived before. A comprehensive background check will be conducted as part of your biometrics. Spend some time going over previous AOS threads.

Do I still need police reports from my country?