• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

police certificate dv22

KIAKIA

Hi,
I want to submit an online police certificate application. in the application form, there is a field that asks me to specifically select whom they should address the certificate to.
As so far I don't know which embassy would interview my case, is it ok to address "KCC in the USA"?

US Department of State will cover both KCC and all embassies
Curious as to why you don’t know where you will interview?

US Department of State will cover both KCC and all embassies
Curious as to why you don’t know where you will interview?
I am an Iranian selectee. do I need to change it to "US Depratment of State"? those it matter?
I have already submitted it like "Kentucky Consular Center" in 3505 Hwy 25, Williamsburg, KY 40769, United States

I am an Iranian selectee. do I need to change it to "US Depratment of State"? those it matter?
I have already submitted it like "Kentucky Consular Center" in 3505 Hwy 25, Williamsburg, KY 40769, United States
I need to provide a police certificate from Sri Lanka.

I don’t think it matters but it’s the embassy that will take the physical police certificate.

Hi, @SusieQQQ
There are some criteria to get a police certificate from a country where applicants were living there for more than 6 months (or 12 months).
It's a bit confusing for me. I was sent abroad to work on a project from a company (which is based in my country).
For every trip, I was there no more than 6 consecutive months. but I have been working there since 2014. So I had so many business trips there each time that lasted just less than 6 months.
1-do I still need to provide a police certificate? (does consecutive period matters)
2-If so, do I need to list all my business trips in the living address section!?
3-Do I need to mention trips somewhere else in DS260?

Last edited:
Hi, @SusieQQQ
There are some criteria to get a police certificate from a country where applicants were living there for more than 6 months (or 12 months).
It's a bit confusing for me. I was sent abroad to work on a project from a company (which is based in my country).
For every trip, I was there no more than 6 consecutive months. but I have been working there since 2014. So I had so many business trips there each time that lasted just less than 6 months.
1-do I still need to provide a police certificate? (does consecutive period matters)
2-If so, do I need to list all my business trips in the living address section!?
1. Yes you do
2. If in doubt, yes.
3. You should be able to see on your form if that is required elsewhere.

Hi, @SusieQQQ
See mom’s response above. It is not about where you were for x months unbroken - it is where you were residing. If you were there say 10 or 11 months of the year each year with a few trips of a few weeks out each year, you would be considered to be residing there, just like if you were living in your childhood home but taking a vacation every 5 months. Does that illustrate the concept? If you were there for most of the time since 2014 - even if you were residing in a hotel or company apartment or whatever - you would need a police certificate.

@SusieQQQ @Sm1smom
Thank you for your responses.
I will provide a police certificate to cover all my trips from 2014.
Before the pandemic, I was staying there for 2 months and again for 2 months I was back in my home country. after the pandemic I have been residing longer say 5 months there and 5 months home again.
So, I am going to list my addresses before the pandemic: only including my home and then after the pandemic: including longer staying there and home. Does it make sense? or am I overthinking!?

Last edited:
1. Yes you do
2. If in doubt, yes.
3. You should be able to see on your form if that is required elsewhere.
@Sm1smom
I am submitting the Ds260 while I am staying abroad at work (at a project in Sri Lanka temporarily for 4 months). If I list my current address as Sri Lanka and not my home country, would I receive an interview here in Sri Lanka just because of my current address even if I select somewhere else? I am not sure whether or not I would be here when my case gets current next year.

@Sm1smom
I am submitting the Ds260 while I am staying abroad at work (at a project in Sri Lanka temporarily for 4 months). If I list my current address as Sri Lanka and not my home country, would I receive an interview here in Sri Lanka just because of my current address even if I select somewhere else? I am not sure whether or not I would be here when my case gets current next year.
If you list Sri Lanka as your current address, your interview will be scheduled at Sri Lanka.