• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Plz help.Question about interview.

armmac

Registered Users (C)
Hello
Would you guys help me with the situation?.
My aunt (age 53) won the dv2009 and she is waiting for an interview (sched in november 2008).Her son is in the US since 2001 but doesn't have any immigr status.Hewas over 21 and got married with permanent resident but still doesn't have no papers.Will that be affecting on My aunt and her husband's (with my uncle age 56) interview?.
Any similar situation?.Thanks.Any helpfull reply will be very appreciated.

Hello
Would you guys help me with the situation?.
My aunt (age 53) won the dv2009 and she is waiting for an interview (sched in november 2008).Her son is in the US since 2001 but doesn't have any immigr status.Hewas over 21 and got married with permanent resident but still doesn't have no papers.Will that be affecting on My aunt and her husband's (with my uncle age 56) interview?.
Any similar situation?.Thanks.Any helpfull reply will be very appreciated.
From my experience, the only thing that your auntie from the son is the affidavit of support which of cause his son cannot provide since he has no papers.But you said that he married a permanent resident so the lady can provide what your auntie will need. If that lady is also not qualified, your auntie's son can talk it out with someone in the state and i believe you people can get help.
My friend this this is like a battle, so make sure you put everything before GOD. I mean you people should fast and pray and have faith that things will work.

armmac is not asking what her son can provide, but whether his lack of status will affect his mom's application and immigrant visa.

No, it should not. She cannot lie on her application about his whereabouts and status if she knows them.

He's not asking about affidavit of support.

@armmac
No, his case will not affect them in any way, he is a man on his own - over 21 and married.:)

Edited:
Hey LucyMO I was already in reply box:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes my question is -will my cousin's status affect on their interview?.They got affidavit of support from family friend.Also my aunt didn't lied, sho wrote in the papers that her son currently living in the USA.She's affraid thet she can be faced with the fact of her son's got in to US by visitor visa and stayed.Thanks for your past & future replys

sho wrote in the papers that her son currently living in the USA.She's affraid thet she can be faced with the fact of her son's got in to US by visitor visa and stayed.Thanks for your past & future replys

She mention her son in the DS-230 and put his U.S address?

It should not affect her application unless She is asked a question about her son. It is possible that the consular sees that she put her son's address in the U.S and ask where is her son and what is his son doing in the U.S? If this question comes up, She can not lie, and She has to tell the truth. Even though I don't see that She will be charged because of what Her son did, It is possible that the Consular will use the information about her son and give it to the USCIS to get her son deported from the U.S.

So, I don't think She should not be worry as much as her son because her son might face deportation and banned from the U.S because of her.

Yes she mentioned hos address in the 230 form.Her son is married with perm resident and waiting for adjustment of the status.she will be providing every doc for her son(just in case)- marriage lic,granddaughter's birth certificate.hopefully everything will go smooth.

Yes she mentioned hos address in the 230 form.Her son is married with perm resident and waiting for adjustment of the status.she will be providing every doc for her son(just in case)- marriage lic,granddaughter's birth certificate.hopefully everything will go smooth.

Does marrying a Permanent Resident while you're in an illegal status makes you legal?

Does marrying a Permanent Resident while you're in an illegal status makes you legal?

I just found out the answer to my own question. When someone enters legally to the U.S but stayed illegally (overstayed), He can adjust his status when he get married to a U.S Citizen or U.S Permanent Resident. He will be given a conditional Green Card for 2 years and subject to be monitored by the U.S government to see if he married for love or married for solely Green Card. :)

But, if He enters the U.S illegally, He will not be able to adjust his status. :(

So, I'm guessing that your cousin went to the U.S legally but stayed illegally, then, your your cousin situation should not affect your aunt application.

I just found out the answer to my own question. When someone enters legally to the U.S but stayed illegally (overstayed), He can adjust his status when he get married to a U.S Citizen or U.S Permanent Resident. He will be given a conditional Green Card for 2 years and subject to be monitored by the U.S government to see if he married for love or married for solely Green Card. :)

But, if He enters the U.S illegally, He will not be able to adjust his status. :(

So, I'm guessing that your cousin went to the U.S legally but stayed illegally, then, your your cousin situation should not affect your aunt application.
According to the most current visa bulletin, they are now working on the applications which were submitted at the beginning of the year 2004 for the category 2A of family-based immigration (that's what marriage to a permanent resident is). I can't imagine that you can enter the US with the visa waiver program or a tourist visa, marry a resident and then stay legally in the country for 5years until the greencard is issued. From what I know (please correct me if I'm wrong), there is not the possibility to adjust the status if you are on a tourist visa or visa waiver. So simply entering the US legally doesn't mean that you can stay in the country legally after submitting the paperwork.
I'm sorry, I know this was kinda off topic, but I thought it should be mentioned at this point.

We don't care too much now about my cousin:eek:, cause eventually he will get his perm resident card somewhere next year.We just want counsil's to not be concentrated on my cousin's situation.What u think guys will they be pushy in the embassy to question my aunt for my cousin?.Thanks a lot.

Hi all, need help on this.
My friend got a sponsor who sent her an AOS. He is single, works and earns 21.000 annually and dat was the only think he indicated in the AOS. He however included his tax returns and employment letter from the employer. Is that going to be problematic.