Plz help....is it better to attend interview in delhi than chennai..??

harsha1980

Registered Users (C)
Hello

My situation is a bit different. I am an Indian citizen. I attended my H1B interview in june 2006 at US Consulate, London. I was given 221g there. I came back to india and it's been 9 months and i withdrew my application from London US embassy and am re-applying in India.

I am not sure whether what i did is right or wrong..but would like your suggestions....is it better to attend the interview in delhi rather than chennai as from reading the posts on this site i realised that chennai consulate is very strict and they grill you in interviews and will ask you all the documents which is very difficult to get from the employer. Anybody attended in delhi..plz share your experience..any tips..??

One more thing ....at the moment i am not working in india....i want to tell them the truth rather than faking my employment..what's your view on this...plz help...

Thanks

yes, You are right.

Delhi is far better than Chennai.

Hello

My situation is a bit different. I am an Indian citizen. I attended my H1B interview in june 2006 at US Consulate, London. I was given 221g there. I came back to india and it's been 9 months and i withdrew my application from London US embassy and am re-applying in India.

I am not sure whether what i did is right or wrong..but would like your suggestions....is it better to attend the interview in delhi rather than chennai as from reading the posts on this site i realised that chennai consulate is very strict and they grill you in interviews and will ask you all the documents which is very difficult to get from the employer. Anybody attended in delhi..plz share your experience..any tips..??

One more thing ....at the moment i am not working in india....i want to tell them the truth rather than faking my employment..what's your view on this...plz help...

Thanks

I am from Chennai region and went to Delhi for 8th year stamping on Feb 15th 2007.

Delhi is far better than chennai. Crowd is very less and they don't ask many questions for returning H1b worker. I was asked the following.

1) what my company does
2) what I do
3) they asked my recent paystubs and 2006 w2
4) some details on my pending I 485

I went to the consulate at 11:45 and I was out by 12:25.

If you want any specific questions, please email me.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

after all i've gone thru' my employer is not ready to provide me with a client letter. Will this letter play a key part in the interview.

Is there anything i can explain to the consular officer abt it. I got the IT papers, W2 forms, Company Photos...

PLz help...thnx

If you can get a client letter, that would be great!

My client was not willing to give a letter. So I just took photos of the building, desk etc. Have a letter from your employer, that is important.

If they ask for client letter, tell them that my clinet cannot issue letters to contractors and at that time provide letter from your employer, any photos or even a contract made between your employer and the client.

Chennai consulate asks for client letter most of the times.
I wasn't asked for client letter or employer letter at the delhi embassy.