• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Pls Help with this email!

janetgal

Registered Users (C)
Hello my friends,
i am Janet,DV-2009 winner. I contacted KCC for relocation of my interview place with my personal info (Case num,bdate,name) n dey send this email:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

You must submit the principal applicant’s full name, date of birth, case number and former address for KCC to update the case with a new address. If you are physically residing in a different country and would like for your place of interview to be changed as well, please indicate the changes to be made in your correspondence."

1. First question: does the above response meant i had provided them with right information in first place?

Then i contacted them again and i got this reply:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

The information you have provided does not match the case. Please resubmit your request with the correct information for KCC to properly assist you."

2. Second Question: That means the info i provided them is wrong right? What am i doing wrong cos the basic info i provided them is the same (Case,bdate,name). Is there anyway to retrieve my birthdate, i am kinda of confused here.

Please give me your answers soon.

yours Janet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you confused? If KCC says the info you have provided does not match those of the case you need to recheck the information you sent to ensure that you are providing the right info.

If you have forgotten your date of birth or the date of birth you used then you are dealing with a lost case.

The best way to deal with this is to try and maintain the address you used until the second letter comes where you can find the actual date you used. If the date is different from what you have in your birth cert then, you will have a problem at interview.

Are you sure that you had no typos in your CN, DOB and name?

There is no way retrieve your DOB.

1. What do u think about the first email i got? here is the info i sent them by then:

Name: Janet Alexandre Filley
Case Number: 2009AF00019yyy
Birth Date: 25/11/1982

next time i sent this (only difference the way i wrote the date format)

Full Name: Janet Alexandre Filley
Birth date: November-25-1982
Case Number: 2009AF00019yyy

n i got the second reply.

Write them again, maybe they messed something up.

But to make clear, if you made a mistake with your DOB in the e-application they will disqualify you for sure.

Why are you confused? If KCC says the info you have provided does not match those of the case you need to recheck the information you sent to ensure that you are providing the right info.

If you have forgotten your date of birth or the date of birth you used then you are dealing with a lost case.

The best way to deal with this is to try and maintain the address you used until the second letter comes where you can find the actual date you used. If the date is different from what you have in your birth cert then, you will have a problem at interview.

lost case?

hallo ,

when i contacted to KCC bei e-mail I sended this informatiom.

Case Number: 2009AS00011XXX
PA Name: SirName, First Name
date of birth 12.JANUARY.19XX
Perference Category: DV DIVERSITY
Foreigen State Chargeability: Jordan

and they rebly to me in 6 hour.

Why don't you try calling them.
You have your first notification letter with you, so double check whether your date of birth stated in it is accurate. (If you haven't already done so!)

would they be helpful if i call them? i mean, they r sayin the info is wrong n i dont have any other bdate? wat wld i tell them?

would they be helpful if i call them? i mean, they r sayin the info is wrong n i dont have any other bdate? wat wld i tell them?

I think your format was not correct try the following
Case Number.........
Name..............
DV Diversity
country capital name
Date of birth.....
and now your information

It doesn"t matter how you format the mail. CN, DOB and the full name are enoughto get in contact with KCC.

Janetgal,
You seem to have made this mistake on your date of birth,American date format is MDY.25/11/1982 is for Europe style.Your date of birth in the US format is 11/25/1982 believe me.

Should I give up?

Hello Guys,
The KCC have replied 3 times sayin the info is incorrect. I am not sure what mistake i cld ve done, as i run out of ideas. There seems to be no way of knowin my status there n i should give it up, right?

but hey, to all of u, thanks a lot for ur care and replies. they mean a lot to me.

hallo janetgal,

i hope that you have have
1-Electoronic diversity entry form
2-1. NL

then compare 1 to 2 then you have to find the error or they have not receive your's case "lost by Post"

@ la1

first, wat is NL?
2ND, i ve a copy of my doc n it is sayin 1982. they did tell me the bdate is wrong on de phone. btw, do they complain abt too many email contacts?

NL = Notification Lettter, thats the first letter you got from KCC

If they told you the DOB is wrong, then is looks like you made an error in the e-application.

seems like it is over then? n der is no bday on NL or any of the other forms, is there?

Right, DOB is not anywhere written in the NL.

From my point of view you have two choices:

1. You don"t change your place of interview, keep running your case and they disqualify you at the interview if you gave the wrong DOB. (keep in mind, you have to pay all fees before the interview).

2. You give up the case right now.

Sorry about that.