Plese help!!

HelpMePls

I am from another contry and have a family supporting me while I am on a student visa. I want get into details, but the situation is VERY bad and I dont want to stay there any longer. I have another family who will sponsor me.

What do I need to do? Can I leave my sponsor family any time I want? Does the new family have to submit an affidavate of suport? Do I need to contact my embassy?

PLEASE HELP!

Initially sponser ship is needed to get I20/F1 visa from your country US consulate. After that if you have money to support your self you do not need to go to your sponser.

I am from another contry and have a family supporting me while I am on a student visa. I want get into details, but the situation is VERY bad and I dont want to stay there any longer. I have another family who will sponsor me.

What do I need to do? Can I leave my sponsor family any time I want? Does the new family have to submit an affidavate of suport? Do I need to contact my embassy?

PLEASE HELP!

Okay...so 1) if I want to leave and move in with another family, my sponsored family cant stop me? My visa expires nest May. 2) To re apply for extension, will my new sponsored family need to do a new Affidavate of support? 3) Shold I ask them to do the Affidavate of Support right now even if my visa is good until next year jus to be sure I dont get in truble with INS for moving? 4) Am I legaly suppose to stay with the family who first sponsered me or am I allowed to live where I want to? What does the law say?

What exactly is your visa status? F-1 or J-1?

Normally a unrelated "family" does not sponsor a post secondary student but does sponsor an au pair which combines work and study. If you are an au pair, you need to contact the program which placed you. If you are a high school student, you need to contact the program office or your school advisor immediately.

What if my sponsor famly has my passport and visa and wont give it back?

As triple citizen mentioned call the police immediately. And don't be afraid, this will have no consequences on you f1 status. Stand up against exploitation! :mad: